Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:42 PM EDT
I just thought I would share this with you. I saw him right outside the NYSE, on Wall St. while on vacation earlier this month. It looks to be some sort of carbine, but cant tell much more than that. I dont think I would want to mess with him. I would hate to have all of that riot gear on in that nasty NYC humid summer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What a world
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Where have you guys been?  This has been SOP since 9/11
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where have you guys been?  This has been SOP since 9/11

I repeat. What a world
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...right about now, it's majorly sucking to be ESU in NYC....poor bastards.  What a boring friggin detail.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet he could use a rocking chair!

(lame Seinfeld reference...)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah...right about now, it's majorly sucking to be ESU in NYC....poor bastards.  What a boring friggin detail.

Sheep

Well, besides the horrible heat, it cant be that bad. When I was there, the streets were filled with VERY good looking girls. They were everywhere. I'm talking model good. So at least he can stare at pert bewbies jiggling about as hot babes walk by. Thats probably what he's looking at right then hehe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I've hung out down there having lunch and watched them.  They spend pretty much the whole time gractiously posing for pictures with tourists.  This one pair posed for probably 20 pics while i was there.  They're almost like rock stars
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just thought I would share this with you. I saw him right outside the NYSE, on Wall St. while on vacation earlier this month. It looks to be some sort of carbine, but cant tell much more than that. I dont think I would want to mess with him. I would hate to have all of that riot gear on in that nasty NYC humid summer.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/tula1954sks/sci/nypd1.jpg

Would this have been right after the first London bombings?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Well, besides the horrible heat, it cant be that bad. When I was there, the streets were filled with VERY good looking girls. They were everywhere. I'm talking model good. So at least he can stare at pert bewbies jiggling about as hot babes walk by. Thats probably what he's looking at right then hehe.

Well....there is that.  Further, my first FTO's nickname was Gooch...small friggen world, eh?

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The funny thing is that ALL AR(s) are banned in NYC. I guess LEO are exempt from that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  Every day for the last 4 years.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
staring at tits on a hot day in full gear gets old about 30 minutes into your shift.
Shit detail, standing in front of a building all day. Why not just tack a bullseye to your head with a sign that says hey bad guys shoot me first. I feel for them
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
The thing that annoys me is WTF is he gonna do he'll just get blown up also ,
makes the masses feel safe i guess
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The thing that annoys me is WTF is he gonna do he'll just get blown up also ,

Exactly....right in the vein of all the other non-sense BS out there to make the public feel protected, without actually acomplishing anything.

As I said regarding the other thread about the ESU guys on wall street, might as drape big assed signs around their necks:

SHOOT ME FIRST!

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have the link to the pic that appeared a few months ago, showing a NYC cop armed with an M4, with the optics on backwards?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, we havent had a pissing match about this since last New Years.

Personally, this is my favorite:

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyone have the link to the pic that appeared a few months ago, showing a NYC cop armed with an M4, with the optics on backwards?  

I remember that!

Somehow the conversation moved from the backwards (what was it, Aimpoint?) to Bruce Willis' AR in Tears of the Sun, which also had a backwards optic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
That's my desktop background Lumpy.  

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

members.cox.net/vseven/NYPD%20ESU.jpg

LOL. I know both of those guys..

ETA: Great pic....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope...Those poor slobs have been doing these details continuously since 09/11.....Those poor guys aren't even allowed to leave their posts, and have to rely on the local sector cars or us to bring them water in this miserable heat....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The funny thing is that ALL AR(s) are banned in NYC. I guess LEO are exempt from that.

So's the mafia and running red lights.  What's your point?  Why don't you write the legislature about why that happens?  After all you elected them and they passed the laws.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nope...Those poor slobs have been doing these details continuously since 09/11.....Those poor guys aren't even allowed to leave their posts, and have to rely on the local sector cars or us to bring them water in this miserable heat....

The real question gnawing at my devious little brain:  Is this an OT gig?  I can sweat my nuts off for 45 bucks an hour.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The real question gnawing at my deviously little brain:  Is this an OT gig?  I can sweat my nuts off for 45 bucks an hour.

Sheep

I believe it is, but I will ask to be sure...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in london on 7/7, then took the Queen Mary2 to NYC on the 11th, so it was almost exactly1 week later when I took the pic. This was before the 7/21 bombs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]
While crusing around NY harbor we were chased away by 2 voast guards boats with M249's on the front and back. They were guarding all the ferries.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit - I didn't know they were assigned out there full time. Just at NYSE or are they at other places in the Big Apple, too?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yup.. It's window dressing.....
Makes people think the gov't is doing something to keep them safe.
You don't actually have to "be" safe in order to go about you're daily business.
You just have to "feel" safe.
Kind like those flimsy life-vests on airliners... WTF is the point?
We hit the water at 900 miles an hour and that yellow plastic thingy is gonna do me any good?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.. It's window dressing.....
Makes people think the gov't is doing something to keep them safe.
You don't actually have to "be" safe in order to go about you're daily business.
You just have to "feel" safe.
Kind like those flimsy life-vests on airliners... WTF is the point?
We hit the water at 900 miles an hour and that yellow plastic thingy is gonna do me any good?

What kinda commercial jet you been on that does 900mph?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:45:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just thought I would share this with you. I saw him right outside the NYSE, on Wall St. while on vacation earlier this month. It looks to be some sort of carbine, but cant tell much more than that. I don't think I would want to mess with him. I would hate to have all of that riot gear on in that nasty NYC humid summer.

Shit - I didn't know they were assigned out there full time. Just at NYSE or are they at other places in the Big Apple, too?

In addition to the NYSE, they're stationed in dozens of high profile locations throughout Manhattan. They  also have what they refer to as 'Hercules' teams, teams of heavily armed ESU cops that are deployed randomly throughout the City based on threat level and intel on a daily basis......Sadly, its nothing more than a 'feel good' measure for the sheeple to feel safe...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I've hung out down there having lunch and watched them.  They spend pretty much the whole time gractiously posing for pictures with tourists.  This one pair posed for probably 20 pics while i was there.  They're almost like rock stars

As they should be. They are targets standing in front of targets. And I suspect they expect to do something a little more than get blown up if TSHTF. I would not want to be within 50 yards of them wearing bulky clothing shouting "Allahu Akbar" with one hand in my pocket, or stopping my car in a no-standing zone and looking around with my eyes rolling and sweat dripping off my forehead.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Nice trigger discipline.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#37]
How amny of you guys think these LEO's can really use an AR15 proficiently?

Seriously.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Seriously.

CMOS

Well...

...the majority of the incidents I see televised showing a gross lack of marksmanship on the LEO's part have been with pistols. I think they'll appreciate the longer sight radius.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Seriously.

CMOS

How many non-shooters or lousy shooters have you put behind an AR at 50 yards (or a hundred) and come away amazed at their accuracy? I see it all the time. That's one of the rifle's strengths: it's very easy to acquire passable proficiency with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What kind of optics are recommended for a toilet plunger handle, anyway?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Seriously.

CMOS

What percentage of  posters here can shoot proficiently? Other than shooting kitchen appliances in junk yards or tannerite, I mean?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Wave can weigh in more meaningfully but I believe NYPD is using Bushmaster M4s with Aimpoints for the ESU guys and Eotechs for the non-ESU guys.  You still see the occasional MP5 and every so often an AC-556 pops up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought NYPD ESU primarily went with the Ruger, but maybe that was years ago.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I thought NYPD ESU primarily went with the Ruger, but maybe that was years ago.

They used to use AC-556s since they were less threatening in appearance than MP5s and M16s.

The politically correct AC-556 was obsoleted by 9-11 and the NYPDs new commitment to demonstrate force wherever possible.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
staring at tits on a hot day in full gear gets old about 30 minutes into your shift.
Shit detail, standing in front of a building all day. Why not just tack a bullseye to your head with a sign that says hey bad guys shoot me first. I feel for them

I thought that was most of the idea behind having someone stand post....whatever happens he might get it but it'll save others in the end.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wave, I'm qualified where do I sign. MIKE.

ETA: I thought you swore the only way you would do that detail was if the Mini-14's were chambered in 12 gauge...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top