Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 1:57:59 AM EDT
"Hello Everyone,
Found this on the web earlier
Read into it what you will.... if it's true it's pretty astounding.....Hope you're all doing well under the circumstances....

Nostradamus' prediction on WW3:
"In the year of the new century and nine months, From the sky will come a great King of Terror... The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. Fire approaches the great new city..." "In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos. While the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb and third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
* NOSTRADAMUS -

He said this will be bigger than the previous two.
2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month. New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude."

COPE --- I got both your e-mails, I just moved and cant seem to SEND e-mail yet... I am working on it.. what you asked... I just need to sort out all my crap from moving first...

AGWOOD

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:08:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Bullshit!!  Anything that this guy wrote can be easily misconstrude to fit any given situation/occurance.  This particular quote has been referanced many times to past occurances that were also supposedly going to be the end of the world or WW3.

sgtar15

PS Yes I know my spelling sucks but I am tired
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard that too.

Did you notice Nostradamus only "predict" events AFTER it had happened?  

btw, to add a few more thing, below is taken from this skeptic dictionary's page [url]http://www.skepdic.com/nostrada.html[/url]:

Centuries I, Quatrain 78:
"D'vn Chef vieillard naiƒtra ƒens hebet? Degenerant par ƒ³auoir & par armes." --Nostradamus

"To an old leader will be born an idiot heir, weak both in knowledge and in war." I. 78.* (Some ungenerous souls think this quatrain refers to two birds named Bush solely because the younger Bush has a bit of trouble with the language. Codswallop!)

Also visit this site: [url]http://www.nostradamus-repository.org/cityofgod.html[/url]

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am so tierd of everytime something happens people start bringing up NOSTRODUMBASS, come on, yeah where where they before this happened?
You can make that shit into anythin you want. Beisides, if you read the bible doesn't it say no-one cans see the future?

How many E-mails have you gotten from the soccor mom types passing on the "we are the world" lets all hold hands and this CRAP
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I seem to remember this as being 1999 and not "in the year of the new century." And nothing happened.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks...
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody who believes in the "interpretations" of Nostra-Dumbass must also find the Midnight Globe or the Weekly World News informative.

Nostradamus- what a load of flaming crepe (suzette)......
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I read that was a "hoax", not that all of his predictions are not.  It is, according to what I read, a mix and match quote pulled from several different predictions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
What a bunch of shit.........  This Nostradamus' was a nut cake.  All of his predictions were so vague that it could be not be off or discredited.  If you belive that for being true you need help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Did nostradamus make a prediction that I wouldn't give a crap about his predictions???

If so, it's eerily accurate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#9]
This is fake, btw.  Nostradamus didn't even write that.

See here:  [url]http://www.nostradamus-repository.org/cityofgod.html[/url]

Edited to add URL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I love you guys.  Your fact digging always calms my feeling of fear.  Hears to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
That's been posted on every newsgroup from here to Foomanchoo.

Its bunk.

[rocket]

ARSwami
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I just thought that it would make interesting reading, I did'nt say it was fact, I did'nt say I thought it was true, I mearly found this interesting. I appreciate everyones honesty though.... Hope all are well..

Agwood
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
That email is a hoax. It's a mix and match of several quatrains.

[b]Century 10, Quatrain 72[/b]

The year 1999 and seven months,
From the sky will come a great King of terror:
To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),
Before and after Mars to reigns with good luck  

"Mars being the god of war"

[b]Century 1, Quatrain 87[/b]

Earth-shaking fire from the center of the Earth.
Will cause the towers around the New City to shake. Two great rocks for a long time will
make war, And then Arethusa will color a new river red.

"Arethusa is the female equivalent of the God Neptune"

[b]Century 6, Quatrain 97[/b]

At five and forty degrees, the sky will burn,
Fire approaches the great new city,
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up, When they want to have verification from
the Normans.

"And it's 5 and 40 or 40.5 degrees. Check it out on a map, kinda creepy."

[b]Century 10, Quatrain 49[/b]

Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Vat,
Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#14]
After seeing that earlier in an email, I headed to the bookstore and checked out 4 Nostradumbass books and not one of them mentioned anything about it. Not sure where that thought originated, but I also believe it to be a load of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ugh... here's from another thread that I posted to:

From what I've read, that quote was from [b]1654.[/b]

Only problem is, [b]Nostradamus died in 1566.[/b]
[url]www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm[/url]

Sheesh.. check stuff out before posting it, please.

-Gloftoe
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
That would explain why it wasn't in any of those books. hehe
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
From what I've read, that quote was from [b]1654.[/b]

Only problem is, [b]Nostradamus died in 1566.[/b]
-Gloftoe
View Quote

This just proves how powerful nostradamus is. He was able to make predictions from BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#19]
One more post of Nostrildumbass quatrains, genuine or otherwise, and SO HELP ME I will find the dufus who posted it (no matter where he may hide) and I will vomit copious amounts of soured beer and semi-digested anchovies all over him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey if Nostrilboneass was so good at predicting stuff, how come he didn't win the powerball? Come on, they had powerball in the 1500's didn't they? [;)]

Just imagine having the power to predict your own death...sure would put a damper on the day.

"In the year 1566 you will stuck by not one but two oxen bearing a large wooden cart of twenty virgins."

This place cracks me up...lol [:p]

Edit....opps...screwed up my icon!

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#21]
This guy was a dumbass of a special breed.  He actually risked death by his government by writing these bogus "visions".  He was either a habitual drug user or a complete nut.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone who even CARES what he supposedly said(ever) is a dumbass.  Anyone who actually belives the latest one in a MAJOR dumbass.  

It is funny how he can keep on predicting things even though he is dead.

I will make a prediction: A great nation will rain fire down upon the streets of tyranny and evil, no one who walks the path of terror will be spared.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Cleatus. Could you please be a little more specific in your prediction? It could only apply to about 99% of the future. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#24]
oh. sorry, you mean like all of Nostrdamus's predictions?....
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the only prediction I believe:

"And behold, in the last day of the week
a man with hair of gray who caries the big black stick
shall consume the fermentation of wheat
until he cannot speak or walk"

I have a good feeling about this one [beer]

M.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

M.
View Quote

kramrd that's not fair!!! Now I have to clean Pepsi out of my nose, off my shirt and off my keyboard and monitor.

Damn.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#27]
You will all be sorry when the world ends in 2000...

no 1999...

no 2001...

no 2002, yeah thats it, 2002 in....  August, yeah thats it.

Total bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

M.
View Quote

Thanks, man.  This is the first laugh I have had since Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#29]
If someone could give me a non-internet reference (an old fashioned instrument of data storage, known as a book) so that I could either confirm or deny the rumors, I would be more than willing to oblige... (I spend a lot of my time in the library anyways.)

Dosn't really matter in the long run. Anyone that is familiar with Norse mythology knows that that the end of the world shall not come until I kill Odin and my serpentine colleague poisons Thor. [}:)]

Edited for icon fix...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#31]
he smoked crack

Quoted:
"Hello Everyone,
Found this on the web earlier
Read into it what you will.... if it's true it's pretty astounding.....Hope you're all doing well under the circumstances....

Nostradamus' prediction on WW3:
"In the year of the new century and nine months, From the sky will come a great King of Terror... The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. Fire approaches the great new city..." "In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos. While the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb and third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
* NOSTRADAMUS -

He said this will be bigger than the previous two.
2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month. New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude."

COPE --- I got both your e-mails, I just moved and cant seem to SEND e-mail yet... I am working on it.. what you asked... I just need to sort out all my crap from moving first...

AGWOOD

[email protected]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top