Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 6:21:19 AM EDT
Rumor: They were told of certain future events and could not believe their country was headed in that direction, so they killed themselves.
www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/114240190372090.xml?starledger?nun&coll=1
www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1142488537167360.xml?starledger?nmx&coll=1
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt it is dramatic as that. Probably up to no good, or just in a situation he couldn't see himself getting out of.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rumor: They were told of certain future events and could not believe their country was headed in that direction, so they killed themselves.
www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/114240190372090.xml?starledger?nun&coll=1
www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1142488537167360.xml?starledger?nmx&coll=1

Where did you get this info from?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I will only say that it is sad to see when anyone decides to take their own life...losing all hope to the point where you would rather not live is truly a sad thing, and very sad for the families and friends of these individuals. My heart goes out their families.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty dumb rumor.
Case#1

» More From The Star Ledger  

Officer's apparent suicide shocks department
Popular Elizabeth cop was found shot in locked shower at headquarters
Thursday, March 16, 2006
BY JENNIFER GOLSON AND JUDITH LUCAS
Star-Ledger Staff
Lt. Terence Reilly had been making plans for his future.

He told his colleagues in the Elizabeth Police Department about the Arizona vacation he and his wife were taking in a few weeks. He had been pondering retirement after 37 years in the department, and his chief said he had inquired with the personnel division about setting a date.

Even though his fellow officers knew the pain he carried over losing a son in an accident 16 years ago, they never thought of him as being anything other than what he appeared to be: a well-liked, hard- working, family-oriented cop.

So when he failed to relieve another lieutenant mid-day Tuesday and officers went looking for him, they never expected to find him dead, locked in a shower stall at police headquarters, the victim of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Authorities said the shot was fired from Reilly's service weapon. No official determination of the cause of death has been made. The Elizabeth Police Department is investigating with help from the Union County Prosecutor's Office.

"There is no indication it is anything other than a suicide," said Prosecutor Theodore Romankow. "It's a tragedy. He was a good cop."

Yesterday, as stunned officers continued to comfort one another, police headquarters was draped with purple and black sashes. Union County Sheriff Ralph Froehlich said he visited Tuesday night.

"The officers who were there were like zombies. Nobody knew what to say," Froehlich said. "We were just talking about why. It's got me very confused. It's just hard to comprehend."

Chief Ronald Simon remembered Reilly as "the type of guy who kept to himself quite a bit. He was a very big family man. He just quietly came and did his job every day in an exemplary fashion."

Officers said he seldom spoke about his son, who died Nov. 1, 1989. Terence C. Reilly, then 15, had been crossing the street on the way to school when an 18-wheeler ran a red light, struck him, and dragged him 132 feet to his death.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My heart and prayers go out to the family, friends and co-workers of these officers.  

As for the rumor....  what exactly is it?  What's the supposed "future event", Mr. Titor?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#6]
What are you on about? I'm sure their families don't appreciate you making things up about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top