Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 11:41:26 PM EDT
OH you will like this one. I get two new windows and a new door in my house. I call the Alarm company to re install the contact switches in the door and windows.

(Mind you that I originally got the alam installed 7 years ago for 99.00)

So this appointment was mad 3 weeks ago so that we could schedule it for the tech to follow the window guys.

Tech shows up with NO tools in hand and told my wife "I am here to inspect the doors."... my bride says "No you are to put the new contact switches on the doors, thats what we told the dispatcher 3 weeks ago when we set this up"

He said "nope, we will return next week to install them, I am here to give yo the estimate" ready for this?? they wanted to charge 90.00 PER SWITCH [b]PLUS[/b] labor!!!

I just about had a fit. I called the service dept and REaffirmed the price... they ended up bringing the price down to 240.00 for everything.... I said "Why pay 240.00 for three switches when I paid 99.00 for the whole system? I'll tell you what... just order me a new system then"

She said we cant do that.

I thought about it and thought about it more...called the alarm company and told them "CANCEL ME"

Make a loooooong story short (too late) they said if they replace the switches for free would I promise not to cancel service for a year... I said sure.

240.00 for three switches that I can get at Radio Shack @ 1.85 a piece??

are they nuts?? Mind you they originally quoted me 90.00 for parts plus labor...WOW!! and I thought I was expensive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Everybody's got a racket.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everybody's got a racket.
View Quote

Yup.  Those FedEx scammers just sent me a bill for $231 on a watch that I purchased from the EU.  Customs crap duty was only like $46.00.  The rest of that shit is their BS fee I suppose.  And those jerks were almost two weeks late on the delivery too.  

I will call those FedEx fckers Monday and tell them to FOAD.  But I'll still have to pay these racketeers.

The fleecing of America!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey how hard is it to install those switches?

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey how hard is it to install those switches?

View Quote

two wires (butt connectors) and silicone glue.

5 minutes for people who know what they are doing.
7 minutes for people who dont know what they are doing.
10 minutes for people who dont know the difference between their ass and their elbow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top