Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2023 6:53:08 PM EDT

The current stable of Emeralds.

The X10 in the center is the n00b.

From left to right these are Amicus, Virtuo, X10, X20-12, and X30.

Comments on each:

Amicus.  It's intended to sound like a mandolin but play like a guitar.  It has 12 strings, but they are pairs, not octaved groups.  Tuned in standard D, I mostly play it with a capo on the 2nd fret to get to E.  Very bright, as intended, but the frets get tiny as you move up.  I'm not sure it's easier to move up on than a mandolin.

Virtuo.  It's their multi-purpose electric.  It has Ghost piezo bridges, Fishman humbuckers, and also a midi output socket.  I actually play this guitar a lot unplugged as it is still acoustically loud enough in a small room and doesn't bother the house if it is late at night.  I like playing it through a clean channel with my Tumnus deluxe from the piezo pups as well.  Very light.

X10.  This is one of their ''travel guitar' options, but also meant to be a stage guitar.  It fits great on my lap when surfing the interwebs, and is surprisingly well-balanced.  I expected it to be more tinny than it is.

X20-12.  It's a 12-string, and it sounds great.  I struggled with whether to get a X30-12 or an X20-12.  But I am happy with how bright it is.  Right?  That's the point of a 12-string.

X30.  What a banger of a guitar.  It's huge, but due to the way they make the cuts, it fits very well against my body.  It's just plain LOUD.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Top Top