Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 4:11:55 PM EDT
I am about to submit my NFA form 1 for a SBR and a suppressor using a trust. Do I need to add the lower I am using for the SBR to my property page of my trust prior to submission? At this point, there is no property listed on my trust. Can I submit both form 1's with my trust copy with no property added?

If I do need to add the lower, do I need to have the trust property page notarized prior to submission?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't need to update and send in the property list.  When I bought my first suppressor, my dealer kept a copy of my original trust on file, and has been using that version to submit with several other subsequent Form 4's.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't need to update and send in the property list.  When I bought my first suppressor, my dealer kept a copy of my original trust on file, and has been using that version to submit with several other subsequent Form 4's.
View Quote
Thanks for the help. Just so I know I have everything, I need the following correct:

ATF Form 1
ATM Form 23 for myself and all responsible persons
2 each fingerprint cards for myself and each responsible person
payment
copy of my trust

Anything else?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth, my lawyer didn't have me add the NFA items until the stamps came in. He recommended for the inital item on the property page to list a single dollar bill or .22 cartridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top