Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 12:23:01 PM EDT
Hate to use this for my own needs but I'm about to get screwed by Airborne Express.

A couple weeks ago I shipped a gun cabinet (Stack On 130 lbs) to another AR15.com member. I called Airborne Express and got a qround quote for $111.00 to ship to the customer in North Carolina.

I schedules the pickup and it went out the next day. I just got a bill for $425.32.

What they FAILED to tell me when I scheduled the delivery is that I had to go to their website and print out a GROUND LABEL. I had written the address in magic marker like I do when I ship FedEx. So the driver shows up and tells me I have to fill out a label because the magic marker one is not acceptable. And he hands me a AIR BILL. So unbeknownst to me it went out EXPRESS.

I found out the drivers don't even carry GROUND LABELS and the only way to get one is to print it off the AE website. If this isn't bait and switch I don't know what is.

Anyway here are the details:

Airborne Express Phone Number: 800-247-2676

Invoice Number: T7749803

Ref# (Dispute Of Charges): 11254434

I just got a feeling if I trust them to do right by me I'm gonna get screwed. I need all the help I can get. Please make the TOLL FREE call on my behalf.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to help but I am stupid and could use some talking points.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh Yeah, the plan. I forgot.

Basically...

1. Make the call and ask how AE intends to resolve this.

2. Advise them that the outcome will affect your use of their company.

Basically just need some support. As a "little guy" they could just try and tell me to pay it.

I figure strength in numbers.

If any of you guys have your own business that is even better.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Who shall we say is the aggrieved party, if asked. "SteyrAUG" won't cut it I'm thinking...
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who shall we say is the aggrieved party, if asked. "SteyrAUG" won't cut it I'm thinking...
View Quote

LOL!

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well the account is H&H Firearms but according to the bill we are "H&H Facanars." Yet another indication of their ability to process information supplied by the customer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy crap, I thought you worked at MY work (H&H Gun Range) Until I re-read that sentence.  Interesting... What does your H&H stand for?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy crap, I thought you worked at MY work (H&H Gun Range) Until I re-read that sentence.  Interesting... What does your H&H stand for?
View Quote

First initial of my last name and my partners last name.

Btw, thanks for any help on my behalf. I just don't wanna get burned on this one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Facan SteyrAUG! Facanars, all them facan Facanars. bwaahahahaha

you can count on me bro
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]64.242.166.152/hh.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#11]
LET ME JUMP IN ON THIS ONE.......

I drive for Airborne Express (via an independent owner-operator, we're contractor scabs).

SteyrAUG, this is your problem...

The driver who picked up your shipment is a DUMB FUCK MORONIC IDIOTIC JACKASS BRAIN-DEAD FUCKHEAD.

Airborne drivers [b]do[/b]carry ground service airbills, at the [b]very[/b] least you could have sent this shipment second day service, which is considerably less expensive that next day air. About six months ago, ABX introduced standard ground service, and modified their airbills to reflect this additional service.
   Even if the driver did not have the new airbills on hand, (which he should,) this shipment option is available on the old airbills as a special service write-in. [b] You do not have to print a ground service airbill from the website to ship via ground.[/b] I pick up ground shipments on standard airbills EVERY DAY.
One caveat though, if no service type is selected by the customer, ABX procedure is to automatically default to next day air service.
However, the old airbills ALL have the second day option. Your driver (probably an ABX union jackoff), should have been able to explain this & provide the service you requested (service type 6).

Trust me, having a brain is not a prerequisite for being a union ABX driver. Bitch until you get satisfaction.

THB
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
FWIW i think you were negligent. But you're mah homie yo so I'm making the call in the morn.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is the email contact info for AE:

[url]http://www.airborne.com/CustServ/ContactUs.asp?nav=CustomerService/ContactUs[/url]

Seems Tom Bowers Subguns.com board had trouble with them previously and are currently boycotting them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I constantly had the same problem with AE. You ask for something specific and they do something completely different. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. My quotes and billed rates never matched.

When you schedule with UPS they show up with pre printed labels and you pay for it on the spot. That way you know what you are gonna be charged.

I really think AE does this on purpose for just this reason.

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any news Steyr?
View Quote

When I got the bill yesterday I disputed it and it went to some arbitration committee for review. I was told it would take about 10 days. I'm just afraid it's gonna be one of "those" committee where they decide they want you to pay the money no matter what.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top