Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:50:51 PM EDT
I read today that the college teams with the "offensive" Indian mascots will not be allowed into tournament play this season if they don't change their name!   This is several major college teams, Florida was mentioned specifically.  What's next, are the "fighting Irish"
demeaning the Irish, I mean with that little Irish guy with his fists up?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I read today that the college teams with the "offensive" Indian mascots will not be allowed into tournament play this season if they don't change their name!   This is several major college teams, Florida was mentioned specifically.  What's next, are the "fighting Irish"

Please please please never confuse Florida with Florida State
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard that they were changing their mascot to the "Florida State Criminoles"!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Please accept my sincere apology.  Just bringing this up and I offended someone!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanna hear an even better one than the mascot bullshit, which is stupidity at it's finest???

This duplicitous organization wouldn't allow a group of Georgia football fans to raise $2,700 to fly a player's father -- a soldier -- home from Iraq for the weekend to watch him play the season opener against Boise State.

Oh, by the way, the player is on the Boise State team but the NCAA said the Georgia fans would qualify as Boise State boosters if they paid the freight.

That's right: A group of fans from the OTHER TEAM, with NO INTEREST in Boise State, other than the one game, wants to fly a man who is fighting for our freedom and serving our country home, ON THEIR DIME, so he can watch his son play as a show of thanks for his service,  and the mean spirited small dicks at the NCAA said no.  How I hate these fuckers.

The NCAAzis are an organization that has FAR outlived any usefulness they ever had.

One day soon, some of this bullshit is going to blow up in their faces, and all the big schools that are the cash cows are going to say ENOUGH and tell the NCAA to go fuck themselves. Can't happen soon enough.

SG
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah lots of people in Tallahassee would be truely offended
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1M

Some of us paid for our degree's and earn a good living in respectable careers.....everybody else went to FSU.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
big
fucking
deal
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1M

Some of us paid for our degree's and earn a good living in respectable careers.....everybody else went to FSU.

Bitch please...

Every year I was at FSU that argument seemed to pop up.  It's horseshit and it will amount to nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top