Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:53 PM EDT
They're experimenting whether or not you can catch a bullet fired from a gun with your teeth...

That's not whats bothering me, I saw a clip of the redheaded woman pointing a S&W revolver in her partners face...

Even though it was loaded with blanks, it still scares me...

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen Penn and Teller do it
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm watching it to.  My Drills words keep echoing in my head.  "Never point your weapon at something your not prepared to kill"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm watching right now

...and trying to figure out who would be fucking stupid enough to believe that someone could catch a bullet in their hand.

how do some of these myths get started?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They're experimenting whether or not you can catch a bullet fired from a gun with your teeth...

That's not whats bothering me, I saw a clip of the redheaded woman pointing a S&W revolver in her partners face...

Even though it was loaded with blanks , it still scares me...

As if at that range it would matter. Stupid people...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Caaaannn'''ttt rrreeesssiiisssttt tttthhheee uuuurrrrrrgggee
Chuck could do it
I had no intention of doing that
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i'm watching right now

...and trying to figure out who would be fucking stupid enough to believe that someone could catch a bullet in their hand.

That's not the worst one...

They tested if you could stop a gun from firing and make it explode if you plugged the barrel with your finger...

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm watching right now

They've been watching Clark Kent do it.

Who's fucking stupid enough to think that you can catch a bullet with your teeth!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
This is corny.  They are trying to catch the bullet with a robotic set of jaws set on a timer.  How do the figure their loads are consistent enough to get that precise shot to shot?  You'd think just the variations in the primers would affect the test.  Don't they take a few milliseconds to ignite the charge?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm watching right now

Who's fucking stupid enough to think that you can catch a bullet with your teeth!

I heard a story of a man who was shot in the mouth with a .357, somehow his teeth was closed and the bullet hit emm and stopped. Knocked emm loose a bit thought but nothing major.

My guess is either a) totall BS b) defective round or c) it was at a very far range.

It was from a reliable source though and the man who was shot was a missionary in some country and a local was pissed at him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Actually, they were side by side with safety shield between them.  What a stupid episode.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Chuck could do it

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty damn silly… isn't that a Colt revolver.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm watching right now

I heard a story of a man who was shot in the mouth with a .357, somehow his teeth was closed and the bullet hit emm and stopped. Knocked emm loose a bit thought but nothing major.

My guess is either a) totall BS b) defective round or c) it was at a very far range.

It was from a reliable source though and the man who was shot was a missionary in some country.

If a .357 round gets through the rifling, it's going to go through your teeth...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Chuck could do it

Chuck could catch a 5.7x28mm AP round with his teeth...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Catches bullets... with his TEETH?

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ha, try having someone point a gun loaded at your face (accidently while walking through the woods) and then say "Hey man wheres the safety on this gun" I was like, dude go take a class soon pls."
( He was walking infront me and put gun over shoulder pointed right at my head, I wasnt about to walk infront him, we walked side by side after that).

Mossberg thumb safety and he was gun n00b couldnt figure it out, sigh.

Same guy accidently shot out a truck window while someone was sitting in it .

Alot of morons in this world with guns, scarey man.

Mythbusters has some cool stuff sometimes though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I've caught a bullet in my teef once.

Granted the bullet wasn't FIRED from a gun.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Bullet Tooth Tony did it, and he's a freaking limey!  

SBG
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I've just one word for any idiot wanting to catch a bullit in their teeth.
SABOT!

efxguy
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm watching right now

It was from a reliable source though and the man who was shot was a missionary in some country.

If a .357 round gets through the rifling, it's going to go through your teeth...

And also start expanding once it does so and push your toungue through the back of your mouth and blow your spinal cord out the back of your neck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Governor Arnold did it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is corny.  They are trying to catch the bullet with a robotic set of jaws set on a timer.  How do the figure their loads are consistent enough to get that precise shot to shot?  You'd think just the variations in the primers would affect the test.  Don't they take a few milliseconds to ignite the charge?

Thats what I was thinkng the whole time, too.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Ask Brandon Lee about blanks...oh yeah, he's DEAD!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I've seen Penn and Teller do it

Oh, BULLS#!T!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#26]
what about that US soldier who got shot in the tooth at point blank with a 9mm in iraq?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
.....catch a bullet in their hand.

They probably start by people only half listening and then going off and talking about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top