Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 8:46:24 PM EDT
(Disclaimer - Absolutely NOT a solicited recommendation.  Just my experience.)

Made a trip to the Nashville Airport yesterday.  Since I'd already driven half the damn state, I decided to swing up to Ft. Campbell and nose around a bit.  Hit all the surplus stores and saved the best for last, Lightfighter Tactical.  I found it in Oak Grove, KY, on Ft Campbell Blvd. near Gate 4.

The store is modest in size.  Inside it is clean, modern, organized, roomy, and understated.  No HOOAH BS, no Rambo decor, no manufacturer propaganda, no shoving it in your face that some real high speed dudes frequent the business.  Professional is the word that comes to mind.

Brad Nelson, the owner, was manning the counter and felt me out carefully and politely.  Had I not wanted to talk, I am certain it would have remained that way.  After a few minutes of banter, we discovered that we had served in the same Battalion of the 10th Mountain Division (he PCS'd in as I was ETSing out).  We knew some of the same folks and I had a great time recalling some Ft. Drum moments.

The gear in the shop is overwhelming.  There seems to be nearly one of everything and many of most things I'd seen at Lighfighter.com.  Missing is all the extra junk like the PX-commando filler merchandise and fancy packaging.  Blackhawk products are kept to a minimum and seem to highlight the better pieces of Blackhawk's over hyped line.  (If I've offended any Blackhawk fans, well, I hate that for you, but their gear lost most of the last vestige of my respect when they started putting the Galls name on it.)

Most everything I saw/touched/tasted was made in the USA with a lifetime guarantee.  And I was impressed with everything I saw.  The London Bridge and Eagle gear was a step above the similar Blackhawk stuff I'd seen.  The High Speed Gear and Tactical Tailor stuff was really clever and reasonably priced.  And the SOE Tech stuff was simply awesome.  While I balked at some of the prices when I had visited the manufacturer's web site, once I saw the SOE stuff in person it seemed fairly priced and had features and details the other makers simply don't.

Lightfigter Tactical is clearly a business committed to providing the good stuff to the good guys.  While their product line is certainly not limited to tactical nylon (Air Taser, Sure-Fire, Strider, MagPull, Litton, to name some others) it is their specialty.  Brad is super nice and someone I intend to do business with (LF is being added to my Dept.'s Vendor list as I write this).  All in all, I was lucky to get out of there only $50 bucks lighter.  But, my birthday is coming up and another road trip is in the works.

Shopping tip - I had no plan or immediate need and consequently used this visit as a recon/planning mission.  I definitely suggest bringing your current kit and UNLOADED weapons when you shop.  Of course, check with Brad (and local laws) on this, but it would have been a great help to me to have had my stuff.

Oh, you've got to get a hat.  Brad squared me away, and it is a great hat!

[About me...I'm no expert.  My experience with the practical aspects and applications of "tactical gear" is from 7 years as a Light Infantryman/NCO and 5 years as a police officer.  Been some places, done some things, have a shirt or two.  Any other Lightfighters out there?)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanx for the info. My buddy has had some dealing with him, and he really like the product as well as the service.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've placed a few orders with LF over the past few months and have always been very happy with the service and the products.

I'm going to be visiting in-laws in TN this fall and I'm hoping to find the time to visit the shop in person.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've dealt with Brad on numerous occasions. If I needed any last minute gear prior to a deployment, I can always count on Brad. He'll go out of his way for you. You will not find a better man in the business. He most definitely has the ChrisLe seal of approval.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Like their website states, "If we don't have it, we can get it!"; and I truly believe it. I ordered my Eagle vest from there. In my opinion they have the best selection around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I had a couple hundred bux right now to blow on some SOE gear. My next gear purchase is no doubt going to be from Lightfighter.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#7]
im always impressed with the level of service i recive from them, its like ammoman for nylon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Brad goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. All my transactions thus far have been flawless. Fast communication, fast shipping, and competitive pricing will keep me a light fighter loyal customer for as long as Brad is around.

...Brad, without you I'd merely be an empty shell of my true self. Mean it!

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I definately recommend Brad's shop.  My team uses him and he's definately one of the good guys.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, I think I am about to cry (don't let my wife know that I wrote that, she thinks I lost all of my sentimentality in the army). All of these kind words really, really mean alot to me.

[b]High Performance Tactical Gear![/b]
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top