Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 11:22:49 AM EDT by 2-gun]
First off let me say I have nothing but respect for the service men and women that served their country . You did a wonderful job and I thank you for your service and sacrifice This is not a rant about things soldiers did wrong or an accusation in any form . This is a condemnation on the political leaders that started and maintained the war .

Imagine if you will around the time of the revolutionary war . The french rolled up and kicked the British out of America. Imagine then the french didn't allow most Americans to fight for their freedom . Imagine now the first order of business after the British where defeated was to set up check points and disarm every American citizen . Now Imagine the french said we will leave after we have established democracy but in the mean time you can't own a gun or go anywhere without our permission . Now Imagine the french stayed here for 8 long years How free would American feel ? . This is exactly what we did to Iraq . If you cannot trust those your saving to be armed then why are you saving them ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:25:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2-gun:
First off let me say I have nothing but respect for the service men and women that served their country . You did a wonderful job and I thank you for your service and sacrifice This is not a rant about things soldiers did wrong or an accusation in any form . This is a condemnation on the political leaders that started and maintained the war .

Imagine if you will around the time of the revolutionary war . The french rolled up and kicked the British out of America. Imagine then the french didn't allow most Americans to fight for their freedom . Imagine now the first order of business after the British where defeated was to set up check points and disarm every American citizen . Now Imagine the french said we will leave after we have established democracy but in the mean time you can't own a gun or go anywhere without our permission . Now Imagine the french stayed here for 8 long years How free would American feel ? . This is exactly what we did to Iraq . If you cannot trust those your saving to be armed then why are you saving them ?

This is not what we did in Iraq. You are drawing analogies where there are none.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:25:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2-gun:

If your trying to compare barbaric muslims to colonial Americans.....than your comparing apples and oranges.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:30:49 AM EDT
That isn't even close to accurate.

First, Iraqis could own firearms. They were allowed one per household. Generally, they had an AK variant.

Afghanistan is somewhat similar but they can't have an AK...believe it has to be a shotgun or some such.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:34:05 PM EDT

Sorry to tell ya pal, If you pay taxes, "you" also supported the campaign against Saddam's regime.

I for one, am quite glad of the work our military men and women achieved when disposing of Saddam and co.
Top Top