Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 3:35:43 PM EDT
Just some thoughts I wrote out on the recent armed standoff with those kids in Idaho. May interest some of you.

It's hard to imagine a story more worth talking about than the ongoing mess in northern Idaho; I could write for days and pages. The story is amazingly complex; most Americans, at this point, probably think of the whole situation as "those kids with the guns in that compound thing," but there is, of course, a whole heck of a lot of information that the mainstream media isn't reporting. Even though the immediate, armed conflict has been resolved, the situation remains intensely compelling: it's as if every separate element of government oppression had been compressed into a single, comprehensive story.
View Quote

Rest of the article here:
[url]
http://www.anotherpundit.com/cgi/viewnews.cgi?newsid992384073,6106,[/url]

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
This is another example of the government, this time the state, going to "help" you whether you want it or not.  Funny how the gubmint spent all that effort to "help" those people and of course there was the issue of the back taxes.

However, notice the do-gooders made no effort to say, forgo the tax debt, or maybe have a funding drive to help the family financially...

Nope, they barged in with all their glory and shiney badges, took control, and "helped" that family.

They should have helped them for real then left them alone.

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess they are lucky Janet"killchildren"Reno wasn't on duty. They would have had to withstand trial by fire so she could prove her manhood.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Just so you know, this Idaho thing was not just news in the USA. Here in Australia all five networks (7,9,10,ABC, and SBS) carried the story, and covered it well.
We are glad things ended the way they did. Guns get enough bad press, and what happens in the USA influences our political figures here. So its a worldwide thing. remember that. Our gun laws here are useless, and the Crims don't give a toss. Ethnic crime runs rampant in Sydney alone (Lebenese and Asian gangs especially). Glocks, Uzi's you name it. In most cases the Crims outgun the law! The only people to pay are the law abiding gun owners.they have lost their hobbys and passtimes. They were disarmed, but at least compensated, where in Canada, they just took the guns away, no $$! You Americans are so lucky. To keep your hobby without too much government harassment. What you saw on your TVs about Aussie gun control was true. All the prohibitons really did happen. A sad day for gun owners worldwide. It can happen there, and I hope it never does!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
From [u]Hamlet[/u], Act.I, scene 2 -
Till then sit still, my soul: foul deeds will rise,
Though all the earth o'erwhelm them, to men's eyes.
View Quote

Eric The(literate)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Help me here... Didn't the childrens' standoff take place in Bonner County, Idaho?  And isn't that county where Lon Horiuchi may be tried for killing Vicki Weaver?  And isn't the prosecutor there under some kind of unusual investigation?  What's the connection here?  Or am I mixed-up about the locations?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top