Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:17:33 PM EDT
I have a Phillips PSC703 sound card. It has worked well in the past, when I was running Win2kPro. Now that I have installed XP I can't get the drivers loaded. I get an error message saying the class installer has declined to install,...
If I boot up using the 2kPro I get sound.
What do I need to do now?

Jim
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
you using xp compatible drivers ?

im trying to find some xp drivers for ya as we speak, one thing i hate about phillips

give these a  try link
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Get xp drivers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you using xp compatible drivers ?

im trying to find some xp drivers for ya as we speak, one thing i hate about phillips

give these a  try link

I followed that lionk, clicked this- "Extracting complete. Click here for download.", clicked launch file after download manager said download was complete, went through the  setup wizard to completion, restarted my computer and still didn't get sound.

Did I forget a step or do something wrong? Keep in mind that I am barely computer literate.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
no you did everything right.    

to be honest i'd upgrade to a creative (soundblaster)   sound card those phillips are not very good, there support sucks, and you can't get drivers, as you can tell.

you can take it somewhere to be looked at, but with their pricing it will be cheaper to buy a sound card.      if you need help installing it we can help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top