Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 10:56:38 PM EDT
Okay, so I've watched umpteen panel discussion shows and I have to say that the people I find most disappointing are the various Cheifs of Police.

Generally speaking I have the greatest of respect for law enforcement, though I understand that there are slackers and incompetents in every profession. But some of the statements from these guys, who I must assume know better, have been simply stunning.

El Lechero
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of them are fucking turds. End of story.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.  The biggest thing to remember in the big picture, IMO, is that even though some street cops may be on our side, the reality is they ALL answer to somebody like that, and very few officers are going to give up a job/pension/etc. over any of us.  Behave accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Most police chiefs are political appointees. They are either licking the boots of their masters or they really do believe the crap that is spewing from their gaping maws. Or both.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
theyre not cops, theyre politicians.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
What I dont get is since when do police depts get involved with making laws,  Fucking gestapo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top