Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2001 10:04:14 PM EDT
My next carry piece was going to be a Kimber PRO carry. I was going to purchase one without shooting it but it so happened that my uncle from 300 miles away showed up with a NIB kimber pro carry that he let me break in.

YUCK!![puke]

Everything I have read has pointed to kimber as being the endall out of the box gun to own in a 1911. Maybe I'm not cut out for one after shooting it. Pretty bad trigger creep, slide wouldn't lock back on mags. Compared to my HK 45 it had alot more muzzle climb and recoil. I could not come back on target nearly as fast as the HK.

I guess it's HK for me.

let the flaming begin from my kimber heresy!![pyro]

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
My Kimber Pro Carry SLE is the best pistol I have.  Great trigger, recoil is almost pleasurable (this one has the full steel frame), shot right to point of aim right out of the box, and never failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger.

Sorry the one you used was a dud, but I LOVE mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a HK USP .40.  What a POS.  Jamomatic.  After it came back from the factory, it jammed even worse!  Lemmons happen.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I personally didn't like the Pro-Carry size Kimber I had (the Pro Elite). It seemed to have more muzzle flip than the Compact Aluminum I had.  Were I you, I would go with a Classic Compact...much less muzzle flip and felt recoil.
As for the trigger, you can try the gun's trigger before you buy and make sure it's suitable. Haven't felt a creepy Kimber trigger yet, but your uncle should consider sending it in and lettting them fix that because they will.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
S.A., Colt, Detonics, Kimber, STI, HK, PARA etc....are some of the brands I have owned and in a myrid of configurations. I would guesstimate that I have owned over 150 .45s, new,used and abused. I have shot each and every
one. All functioned except for one which had a
broken firing pin. Most used and abused guns
needed a complete breakdown and cleaning. Some
came with mags that were defective. Full size
guns grouped better than compacts. My advice to
anyone buying a gun is to shoot one before
making a purchase if it is to be a keeper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top