Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:23:38 PM EDT
I met the new guy in our subdivision today.  With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special  Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

I really don't care about the kickboxing or the Westminster, but does anybody have any good questions to bust this guy on the Special forces.

I was Commo in they Army and I don't want to ask to see his 214 yet.  I want to hang this guy with some basic info he should know before I throw the BS flag on him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
ask him the color of the boathouse at hunter army airfield
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
what one of the 'very special forces' does he claim to belong to?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
tell him that you dropped your packet for SOTIC at ft campbell, but they wouldn't let you in.  ask him why not.  in addition, ask him to remind you what SOTIC stands for.

[edit:  and IM ODA_564.  he'll give you better vetting materiel.]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
SF is required to speak at least one second language, find out which one he speaks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
tagged for outcome.   most SF Snipers dont brag about it or mention it for that matter
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mebbe go to snipercountry.com's Duty Roster and ask "Rick B."  I believe he was a SOTIC instructor for quite some time.

Rich
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I met the new guy in our subdivision today.  With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special  Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

I really don't care about the kickboxing or the Westminster, but does anybody have any good questions to bust this guy on the Special forces.

I was Commo in they Army and I don't want to ask to see his 214 yet.  I want to hang this guy with some basic info he should know before I throw the BS flag on him.

Outing me isn't going to be as easy as a couple questions.  When I left the service, I had to sign a complete non-disclosure document.  EVERYTHING I did will be classified until 2035 at which time they will review my records for limited declassification.  Sorry, I just can't give you anything more specific than that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Golden Retriever, trained to kill with her bare paws.
She once shot a North Vietnamese Iraqi General at 3000 meters in
high wind.

Maybe one....two dogs in the world make that shot.

He's a waste of your time and energy, really.  

I've met a number of Spec ops type people, and, they rarely talk about it other than
they were in the service, and, then, will only elaborate if asked.

I've also notice they don't volunteer alot of info, but, will answer truthfully AFAIK,
when asked specific questions.

A couple have been pretty pompus jerks, a few have been real....eccentric...But most have been
pretty laid back and matter of fact.

Everyone that works for my company is prior service, prior LEO or both.

All it takes is a call back to my personnel dept at corporate to completely
embarass somone who wants to claim they were spec ops, as we have copies of thier origional DD214s on file.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
my neighbor tried that crap first time we met, showed him som firearms and he couldnt even work the action of an ar-15.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Maybe he was part of this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He say's he was Army Special Forces.  He has Army Special Forces patch on the front of his car.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
my neighbor tried that crap first time we met, showed him som firearms and he couldnt even work the action of an ar-15.

I pretty sure he is full of it.  I really don't want him in my house looking or even knowing about any of my toys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
He doesn't happen to wear a USMC cover by any chance, does he... ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mebbe go to snipercountry.com's Duty Roster and ask "Rick B."  I believe he was a SOTIC instructor for quite some time.

Rich

I think he still is.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He doesn't happen to wear a USMC cover by any chance, does he... ?

No.  He kinda has a LLbean look.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I love these threads...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ask what group he was and see if he can correctly match up the group to right installation.
Ask his MOS (if your lucky, he'll say 18F and you can pwn3d him)
Ask his feeder MOS (what he was before he went SF, this usually trips them up.)
If he says infantry, then you can finish him off.
If he is about 35 or younger, sigh and say, "Harmony church sucked didn't it?"
If he is older than 40, sigh and say, "Sand Hill was a mother fucker wasn't it?"

If he agrees to any of those statements, or fails to correct that Sand Hill was after 1990 or Harmony church was before 1990, he's 99.44% full of shit.
Good luck.

Whoa, there, sir.  I went through Sand Hill in 1988, and HC was still in operation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Ask what group he was and see if he can correctly match up the group to right installation.

That's probably the easiest way to get him.

if your lucky, he'll say 18F and you can pwn3d him

What special significance does that have?

Again, how does that help prove/disprove his story?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If you suspect this guy is a poser, why do you want to continue associating with him at all?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you suspect this guy is a poser, why do you want to continue associating with him at all?

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Years ago I worked for a state agency.One day,I received a "whacko " phone call regarding a piranha that was caught in local waters.(happens all the time,as people dump them when they outgrow their tanks).Anyway,I assure the guy it's a pretty common occurence,and they'll die when winter rolls around and the water cools down.He then tells me he was "Special Forces in 'Nam",and he knew of a secret project where the US Gov was breeding cold-temp tolerant piranhas to eat the VC.
I put the guy on hold as I fall out of my chair laughing.My bosses boss comes in the door,and asks me what is so funny,so I tell him.Normally,he's the most laid back guy you'd ever want to meet.He turns purple and says,"Hand me the fucking phone.NOW".He then asks the guy a few basic questions about his service,then gets down to details.What,where,when,etc,then starts screaming,"How fucking DARE you make such a claim,you worthless,piece of fucking shit!My buddies DIED you worthless fucking piece of shit.Get your fucking ass down here NOW,and I'll tear your fucking head off and stuff it up your goddamn ass!" Then he smashes my phone,and continues on a tear for the next 10 minutes.After he calms down,he came back and told me he was SF,and was sick and tired of assholes claiming to be. Over the next few years,I got to know him pretty well.Saw old pictures,his Purple Heart,bullet and shrapnel wounds thru his legs! (I knew he was missing a piece of one calf.Then one day,I mentioned a SKS I had just picked up,and he rolled up his other pants leg ,as he said "I never much cared for the 7.62X39 after this !!!The outburst at the office was the ONLY time I ever saw him lose his temper,or mention his service,unless someone brought it up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I met the new guy in our subdivision today. With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

WoW!  

I guess you could have just knocked him on his ass and found out if he was full of shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

I want hang(slang) for catch him in a known lie.   So I can say your full of shit.  Stay on your side of the street.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I met the new guy in our subdivision today. With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

WoW!  

I guess you could have just knocked him on his ass and found out if he was full of shit.

Yeah but its better to catch'em and watch them start to back peddle.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
People that say shit like that are mentally ill. Unless you are a professional capable of treating such illnesses, I'd stay far away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Not to hijack this thread but my neighbor apparently was a crew member of Marine One and got to fly Chelsea Clinton around, he also claims to have climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro with former President Carter - At former President Carter's request...

edited to add: He also told me his first confimed kill was with a G3 while serving in El Salvador.

Now granted all this could be true but I don't believe a word of it.  When I let him handle my Century G3 he said "Yep, this was exactly what I was issued."
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
People that say shit like that are mentally ill. Unless you are a professional capable of treating such illnesses, I'd stay far away.

One more time.  I SAID HANG THIS GUY WITH BASIC INFO.  NOT HANG WITH.  I have no desire to associate with him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#32]
You know you want to worship him.......
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

One more time.  I SAID HANG THIS GUY WITH BASIC INFO.  NOT HANG WITH.  I have no desire to associate with him.

If you've not planning to associate with him, why do you care?

A few years ago, when I was diving in Fiji, there was a guy like that - who liked to prattle on about his Special Forces and paratrooping training.  Me and another guy (former submariner) quickly figured out that he was full of shit, and just avoided him for the week.

If it makes pathetic people feel better about their insecure lives to tell lies abotu themselves, let them.  Once they start taking credit for actual events (like fighting in Iraq), or start to profit from it, then I agree it may be time to "out" them in public, to shame them.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

But you're going to have to associate with him to hang him with the basic info.  

So this guy may be having Walter Mitty fantasies, so what?  As long as his not harming you or yours, why waste the time and energy trying to expose him?  If this guy is some sort of nutbag, all your asking for is a lot of grief in your future.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Ask him to march down the driveway and back.
Have him provide his own cadence; aloud.

It won't prove anything, but it should provide some
amusement.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#36]
go shooting with him.

see if you can out shoot the "sniper".
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty much there is nothing to say - just remember, "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies."
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask his MOS (if your lucky, he'll say 18F and you can pwn3d him)
Ask his feeder MOS (what he was before he went SF, this usually trips them up.)
If he is about 35 or younger, sigh and say, "Harmony church sucked didn't it?"
If he is older than 40, sigh and say, "Sand Hill was a mother fucker wasn't it?"

If he agrees to any of those statements, or fails to correct that Sand Hill was after 1990 or Harmony church was before 1990, he's 99.44% full of shit.
Good luck.

Whoa, there, sir.  I went through Sand Hill in 1988, and HC was still in operation.

I was at Harmony Church in late 87 and Sand Hill was in operation.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

A few years ago, when I was diving in Fiji, there was a guy like that - who liked to prattle on about his Special Forces and paratrooping training.  Me and another guy (former submariner) quickly figured out that he was full of shit, and just avoided him for the week.

If it makes pathetic people feel better about their insecure lives to tell lies abotu themselves, let them.  Once they start taking credit for actual events (like fighting in Iraq), or start to profit from it, then I agree it may be time to "out" them in public, to shame them.  

If he's full of shit I'm going to call him on it.  It does make me any better or worse than you.

If I was on vacation and never had to see the guy again I might let it go.   But I intended to live here awhile and I don't want him to think that I buy into his BS.  If  I call him on it I'm sure I will not have to hear it anymore.  And maybe he will stop all together and won't try it on any one else here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

But you're going to have to associate with him to hang him with the basic info.  

So this guy may be having Walter Mitty fantasies, so what?  As long as his not harming you or yours, why waste the time and energy trying to expose him?  If this guy is some sort of nutbag, all your asking for is a lot of grief in your future.

It's a small subdivision I'm sure we will talk again.  It does mean I running to his house tomorrow to start the questioning.  

If I confront him and he is full of it.  He will avoid talking to me.  I'm pretty sure he is not a nutbag.  He just some guy trying to be somthing he is not.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If he's full of shit I'm going to call him on it.  It does make me any better or worse than you.

If I was on vacation and never had to see the guy again I might let it go.   But I intended to live here awhile and I don't want him to think that I buy into his BS.  If  I call him on it I'm sure I will not have to hear it anymore.  And maybe he will stop all together and won't try it on any one else here.

Defensive much?

Where did I say it made me "better" than you to let it go??    I was just relaying an example of a similar situation I ran into, and what I did.  It's the internet.  Relax.

FWIW - I agree with you that he sure sounds like a poser, and those people also annoy me (don't get me wrong).
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
does he like jerky and hang out at gun shows?

and did he offer you pudding?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Defensive much?

Where did I say it made me "better" than you to let it go??    I was just relaying an example of a similar situation I ran into, and what I did.  It's the internet.  Relax.

FWIW - I agree with you that he sure sounds like a poser, and those people also annoy me (don't get me wrong).

I did'nt mean to look defensive.  You said that on your vacation you let it go.  I said I did'nt intend to let this guy get away with it.  That's where the better or worse comes in.  

Your right it is the internet.  I did not take what you said as an attack.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Ask him what a mil dot is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#46]
What I don't understand is the immediate doubt that ANYONE could be SF qualified.  Why come to an internet forum to find ways to find this guy out?  So when you learn he is really a former operator you gonna come here and eat crow?

What I don't understand ever more is why any former SF soldier has to run his fucking mouth about it.  I'd say 2/3 of our guys can't shut their fucking mouths and the remaining 1/3 are true "quiet professionals."

Ask him about his Q course.  Ask him about working with the teams.  ask him about his deployments.  Any SFO who is running his mouth like that is bound to have albums full of "I'm a hero" type pictures.  ask to see them.  And when your envy and self loathing has been satisfied you will have ARFCOM to thank!   I gotta go lay down now.

EDIT - I just read the part about wearing a special forces sticker on the FRONT of his car, now this burns my ass.  fucking braggart.  Ask him about SF sniper school.  It's different than regular army sniper school.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like he's on this board already.  Both GUNGUY1911 and luxs are in IN.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Outing me isn't going to be as easy as a couple questions.  When I left the service, I had to sign a complete non-disclosure document.  EVERYTHING I did will be classified until 2035 at which time they will review my records for limited declassification.  Sorry, I just can't give you anything more specific than that.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#48]

ask how a group designator is determined... ODA 555, ODA 380, etc.   which group, batt, company...  a lot of people don't know how to determine these, especially if they don't work in or with them.  

also, what type of team he works in...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Ask what tier he is working in.

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Looks like he's on this board already.  Both GUNGUY1911 and luxs are in IN.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldnt that be wild if it turned out to be GUNGUY1911, as hes a member here already..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top