Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 2:52:58 PM EDT
I haven't had jury duty since I moved here. I wasn't sure how my county worked, or what to expect. Seeing every body talk about courthouses having lock boxes for CCW, that's what I expected. The jury pool is a separate building. I was there early so I walked to the courthouse. I asked the deputy outside the metal detector if they had lock boxes. He looks down his glasses at me and said "are you packin".I answered yes. He ask if I was a LEO. I told him no that I had a ccl. He tells me I am not even suppose to be in the building with it. I read up and he is wrong. It reads and not word for word, says in a non secured area. meaning outside the metal detectors. I told him I wasn't arguing just asking. It was all because a lock box would have been more secure than my glove compartment. Let the "you should have never carried in the building"  bashing begin. Thanks for your input. Oh yea sat all day and never got picked. At I get out of it for 3 years!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lame. I'd rather have you on my jury than most other people, and this is not knowing a damn thing about you other than this post.

In MN some of our judges think they can declare the whole building off limits, even though the law says they cannot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Our Court House would disarm you of a nail clipper.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Our Court House would disarm you of a nail clipper.

You live in Polk County, too? They took a pen from me. A FUCKING PEN.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
When I have jury duty in a couple weeks, I'm pretty sure a SWAT team would descend upon the building if I had a *possible* knife. They roll like that behind the Iron Curtain.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I showed up in uniform and prominently held up Hitler's U-boats, the book I was reading, so that people could see the swastika on the cover.  We went through the preliminary questions about being fair and impartial, but I was dismissed by the public defender.    I got back into the company car and went back to work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Jury duty is actually kind of fun.

If you want to see the absolute scum of the earth, go hang around common pleas court for a day or so.

BTW: Years ago, my father got picked for jury duty and became the jury foreman on a trial of a man charged with manslaughter for shooting some men who came to his house and threatened to kill him.

My father got him acquitted - "not guilty."

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I've checked pocket knives at court houses before.
Top Top