Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:04:33 PM EDT
I have gigged semi-professionally for over 20 years now, and I've thinned my herd down to these 3 axes over the last few years. I gig several times a month, and find these really cover lots of ground.

Shoreline gold Fender AVRI 57 strat (has a body that is stamped "Fender Custom Shop" in the neck pocket for some reason.)
2004 Gibson R8 - my #1
2004 Gibson LP Junior

I run these through a Germino Club 40 for larger gigs and a Savage Rohr 15x for small to medium gigs.

I run into a Crybaby  > BOSS TU-2 > Fulltone OCD > Visual Sound Jekyll/Hyde > Fulltone Supa Trem > MXR Carbon Copy.

I also have a Martin HD-28 that is my go to the grave acoustic. It just keeps getting better and better. Have a LR Baggs M1 Active soundhole pickup for acoustic gigs.

Would love to see your rig if you are a gigging musician.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Greg Germino builds a great amp!  And best part is he's only about 15 miles up the road!

Nice gear.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice gear.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Killer gear, we have similar tastes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a gigging musician.

I just build guitars.  

Your three guitars are nicely chosen to cover a lot of tonal ground.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a gigging musician.

I just build guitars.  

Your three guitars are nicely chosen to cover a lot of tonal ground.

View Quote

I absolutely concur!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.

I usually stay in the firearms section, but music is my first love.

Yes, the Germino is a fine amp, but that Savage is right there with it, with a 18W Marshal meets AC/30 sound to it. It is just one of those amps that makes you smile just ringing out a chord It also has a "Studio/Stage" switch that cuts it from 15W to 5W.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Now you need something in the PRS camp to round things out.

That's my home territory as a builder.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now you need something in the PRS camp to round things out.

That's my home territory as a builder.

<a href="http://s97.photobucket.com/user/cmjohnson65/media/guitars/DSC_8597_zpsa00e798e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/cmjohnson65/guitars/DSC_8597_zpsa00e798e.jpg</a>
View Quote

NICE!

I'm thinking ES335. Something hollow/semi-hollow.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Tele,
You need a tele
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top