Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT

My shooting buddy called me this evening . We had a trip to the range planned for tomorrow but he had to cancel .  It seems that he was in his back yard this afternoon and heard a woman screaming  on the other side of the fence . He ran to the fence and looked through the gap in the boards and saw two pit bulls locked in mortal combat . One of the dogs was losing the fight and apparently it was hers .
My friend grabbed a nearby ladder and climbed to the top and jumped over . BAD MOVE !  He broke his foot when he landed . He hobbled over and still attempted to break up the fight but was unsuccesful.   A Sheriffs Deputy showed up and used pepper spray to break it up .  
 That good samaritan shit earned him a trip to the emergency room and probably some missed work.
 I asked him why didn't he just shoot the damn dog but he said the owner probably would have sued him . Probably right .

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My shooting buddy called me this evening . We had a trip to the range planned for tomorrow but he had to cancel .  It seems that he was in his back yard this afternoon and heard a woman screaming  on the other side of the fence . He ran to the fence and looked through the gap in the boards and saw two pit bulls locked in mortal combat . One of the dogs was losing the fight and apparently it was hers .
My friend grabbed a nearby ladder and climbed to the top and jumped over . BAD MOVE !  He broke his foot when he landed . He hobbled over and still attempted to break up the fight but was unsuccesful.   A Sheriffs Deputy showed up and used pepper spray to break it up .  
 That good samaritan shit earned him a trip to the emergency room and probably some missed work.
 I asked him why didn't he just shoot the damn dog but he said the owner probably would have sued him . Probably right .

No. He IS gonna lose work.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Was she screaming because she was going to lose money if her pitbull lost
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the difference between hi and me.
He went to help. I would have went for the camera.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
all ya gotta do is break out the hose and HOSE THE DOGS DOWN
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't like dog fights myself but that is funny.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like dog fights myself but that is funny.

Im normally close to the truth on those.

Friends neighbor fought thier pitbull againsnt someone elses, thier pitbull got its balls bit off and then bit them.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
all ya gotta do is break out the hose and HOSE THE DOGS DOWN

He tried that . He even shot the water up the dogs nose so he couldn't breathe . Didn't work .
The pepper spray did the trick though .  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Dog fight breaking up tactic. Grab one of the dog's back legs. If they can't drive forward, they can't keep fighting.

Don't do this unless you are really freaking strong. My dogs get into the occasional squabble over who's food belongs to whom. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
pit bulls killing each other, better than attacking kids I guess
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
pit bulls killing each other, better than attacking kids I guess

That's what they were bred for. To kill each other. They musta been fairly well bred dogs though, because it doesn't sound like any people got bit, even with 2 injured animals in the middle of a fight.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#11]
How tall was the damn fence, was he climbing into a prison?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How tall was the damn fence, was he climbing into a prison?

Six foot wood privacy fence .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top