Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2002 5:05:09 PM EDT
Here it is!!

What I love to call 'bachelor food'.  Hamburger helper with a Cherry Coke and a side of .45

[img]quentinj.dynamic-dns.net/pics/dinner.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
... Nice, but [ARFCOM critic mode] you shouldn't have to reach across your plate in the event ...
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
True... true...

the pistol should be on my strong side, ready to grasp in a moment's notice.  You know, just in case.  

:)

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
True... true...

the pistol should be on my strong side, ready to grasp in a moment's notice.  You know, just in case.  

View Quote

But then how could you eat and shoot ? [;)]
You fogot the Tobasco at the table, nothing goes better with hamburger helper than Tobasco sauce. IMHO of course.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
True... true...

View Quote

But then how could you eat and shoot ? [;)]
You fogot the Tobasco at the table, nothing goes better with hamburger helper than Tobasco sauce. IMHO of course.....
View Quote

Agreed, tabasco is the staple of bachelor food.  Then again, I still eat the stuff like mad and I'm married.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, that looks like a leftover ration from World War I [:D]  Better douse it with Tabasco.

Nice .45 though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
No can do tabasco guys... would tear my stomach (and the other end) all to hell.  I have GERD, and spicy stuff really hurts me!  I can usually bear heartburn that would stop most people in their tracks, but tabasco?  OUCH.  I cringe at the thought!

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pic, fill me in as to what kind of Hamberger Helper is in that bowl
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice pic, fill me in as to what kind of Hamberger Helper is in that bowl
View Quote

That's "Hamburger Hill" Helper. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have one of those napkin holder thingies. Should I get one? More to the point, will chicks talk to me if I do?

cynic
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Cheeseburger Macaroni??

Am I right??[:D]

-T.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, what you can't see in the pictures, are the fake sunflowers in the wicker wrapped vase.  You can't see the curtains my mother made for me, or the seat covers that match it.  

My apartment is decently decorated, and I think that chicks would dig it more than a flaming, stinking pigstye!  (I'm not inferring any of you live in a flaming, stinking pigstye.  No offence to those of you that DO!! [;)] )

It's some Cheesy Nacho Hamburger Helper.  I usually go for cheeseburger macaroni.  I love it because it's good, and it provides me with at least 3 meals!!  LEFTOVERS!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Love the helper.  The lasagna is my favorite.

[Randy Quaid]I don't know why they call it hamburger helper, it does just fine by itself.[Randy Quaid]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Dear God, man.

You gotta learn to cook--it's not really that difficult. If you keep eating like this, you may not live to see the day when you meet a woman (if that's what you want, of course) to spend your life with.

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Be honest.  That's the dog's food, right?!?[:)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
(I'm not inferring any of you live in a flaming, stinking pigstye.  No offence to those of you that DO!! [;)] )
View Quote

None taken.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Stick to the basics. Fire, meat and beer. If you can't cook it over fire it not food.

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]

But then how could you eat and shoot ? 
View Quote

Yeah, but for that the gun should be lying on it's right side, so you can pick it up with your left hand faster. After all, who wants to interrupt a nice meal to shoot some punk?

Food looks tasty, though you need some more of it, IMHO. I feel hungry with less then 800 or so calories for dinner.

As for decoration, a well-finished .45 is a good start [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
If thats what you call eating ,you might as well take that .45 acp put the barrel in that coke can put it very close to the side of your head then do the right thing!

When I see a man thats cooks real food for himself  I see a man that cares about himself!

When others see that you care about yourself it means gee he could also care about ME!

But then you have the added task about making them care also!

Nice gun anyway!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dear God, man.

You gotta learn to cook--it's not really that difficult. If you keep eating like this, you may not live to see the day when you meet a woman (if that's what you want, of course) to spend your life with.

View Quote

Man, that's the damn truth! [;)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Ohhhhhhh....a swinger!  salt on the right and pepper on the left.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#21]
shit guys, I know how to cook.  My father is the cook of the family, and I take after him.  It's just Hamburger Helper is so FREAKIN easy.  and I'm a creature of habit.  

Heck, if anyone has any good recipes for simple meals for a bachelor, send 'em to me!  I'd love a little variety!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I see a man thats cooks real food for himself  I see a man that cares about himself!
View Quote

That's what you get the womenz for....me no cookie no mo'!!!

If she doesn't cook -- "It smells like pizza tonight!!! Yeah, pizza tonight!"

Ed
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Heck, if anyone has any good recipes for simple meals for a bachelor, send 'em to me!  I'd love a little variety!
View Quote

Ranch Chicken:

Boneless skinless breasts dipped in ranch dressing, then breadcrumbs...into a skillet with a little oil.  Yum.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ranch Chicken:

Boneless skinless breasts dipped in ranch dressing, then breadcrumbs...into a skillet with a little oil.  Yum.
View Quote

Keep those simple recipes coming, that one sounds good![:)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#25]
A bag o' chips (any kind, you'll never taste them anyway) and a bottle of Pain is Good, Batch #37:
[url]http://www.originaljuan.com/product.asp?SKU=1456[/url]

A nice side affect of this meal:
NO DISHES (if you eat the chips from the bag & drink the sauce from the bottle)

(Edited for the hotlink)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I also like to make chicken cassarole:

package of boneless skinless breasts.  chicken that is.
head of broccoli
cheese (I like mild cheddar)
small jar or same amount of mayo
2 cans cream of chicken soup
bread crumbs

boil chicken and broc.
mix soup and mayo

in a cassarole dish layer half chicken and half broccoli, then half of soup mixture and a layer of cheese.  repeat.  add bread crumbs that were browned in a skillet with some butter.  bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  serve over noodles.

Yum yum.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ranch Chicken:

View Quote

Keep those simple recipes coming, that one sounds good![:)]
View Quote

This is one of the easiest and best things I have ever had.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Curios choice.  I always thought .45 went better with steak, chili or meatloaf.  I suggest something in .380 for Hamburger Helper and Cherry Coke.  Something as understated as a .380 will balance with the nacho flavoring rather than overpower it.  Quite daring I must say.

The Cherry Coke in a Budweiser coozie is definitely bad etiquette.  :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I eat alot of pizza ...what gun goes with pepperoni pizza ? And what gun would compliment kielbasa and German PotatoE Salad ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#30]
How about Venison soft shell tacos, cant be easier than that, and it is alot better tasting than Hamburger Helper, been there and done that.

Another of my favorites to fix is Venison steak with fried taters and biscits, gravy, green beans or corn, sometimes both mixed togather.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top