Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 10:36:36 AM EDT
I hired a very clean cut guy with excellent skills about 4 months ago and my dog always wanted to rip him a new asshole.
Well...this last week I found out that he was stealing,padding his hours and talking shit about the company.
He then didn't show up with out a call.
I gave him a chance then it happened again,and I told him he was done.
Today he and another guy came over to the house unanounced and got verbal on my wife.
He knew I wasn't there but by luck I showed up at the right time and DEALT with it.The dog (120lb.pitt/weiler)wanted to eat this fucker.
Willy is about the nicest mutt you could imagine.
From now on if some one can't pass the dog test I will firmly know that they are no good to me,socially or proffesionally.
I just got done dealing with this and got to leave the house to inspect a project and the wife is packing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It's uncanny when dogs do that.

I've got a Boxer, and if that bitch barks, you better go look because it means someone is not where they are supposed to be, or something is on fire.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have always had dogs and friendly dogs but have learned to trust their judgement of people for animals sense fear and fear is a sign of guilt.

Good story.
View Quote

I agree that fear can be a sign of guilt, but I think that it could also be cause by other things. For instance, I hope that I don't one day fail one of you guys' dog tests out of fear of a giant dog testing me!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen dogs and small children do that thing you speak of, it is true, they can sence things.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Dogs are the absolute character checker,they are not bigots they know no fear!   We had a peeping-tom that we could never catch,footprints in bushes outside bedroom windows!   Dog slept in house with us kids and mom as dad was a firefighter and away at night,dollie(boarder collie)would growl and come unglued then peeper would leave!

One day we had to pull her off of the milkman,guess why? You guessed it the peeper!

You said it all, the dog senses things we can only dream of knowing!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...and the wife is packing.
View Quote

Why?  WTF did you do?  [shock]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
My Welsh Corgis  (yeah I said it!) Can always tell if its me or someone else coming up the sidewalk when I come home from work at 2am. One night they woke me up in a hurry to greet someone near the front door past 3am in the morning. Fortunately it turned out to be a lost, drunk college girl looking for a party.....Did I mention I love my dogs?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
No that's not true.  

I had a Chesapeake retriever who was mean as hell to anyone he didn't know.  Even close friends I've known for years, they'd show up, and he'd act like he was ready to bite.

Very smart dog and everything.  But mean.  And disobedient.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 90lbs husky.  He barks at every girl i've brought over and even trys to attack them through the sliding glass door except the one girl who I went on to be with for 3 years now.

Dogs know
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#12]
My dog Sable, a rather largely built Shetland Sheepdog, can tell if someone is in the near vicinity of our house no matter what. He stays at moms place cuz I cant have him at my house. you could be sitting there watching TV or doing something else and if he gets up and goes to a window, and know there is someone around. he'll bark and raise holy hell till he sees the person. it's kind of handy becuase the well-pedestrian-travelled railroad tracks are right next to the house.

And a few days ago, I noticed him limping. mom tells me that the chihuauha next door ran over to him while he was tied in our yard and took a snap on him. So i took him to the vet. He says it messed up his shoulder tendon or something, but he gives him some painkillers and does some bloodwork. Come to find out it affected him badly becuase he has Lyme disease (that disease from 2 towns over)and his white blood cell count was down because of it or something. i think me and the neighbor, who is about 3 months new, are going to have a little talk about the vet bill.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys are lucky. I have a labrador retriever that is everybody's friend. If freaking Hell's Angel could come into my house and had a tennis ball in his hand, he'd be Jake's newest buddy.

Labs...good alarm dogs...lousy watch dogs..

Ed
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys are lucky. I have a labrador retriever that is everybody's friend. If freaking Hell's Angel could come into my house and had a tennis ball in his hand, he'd be Jake's newest buddy.

Labs...good alarm dogs...lousy watch dogs..

Ed
View Quote
You know I had a black Lab like that once, till one day this guy showed up selling stuff, I had to really try hard to restrain him , he wanted to taste that guy in the worse way, never fiquired out what that was about, he never did it again till the day he passed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#16]
SHIVAN458,
I thought that was a "given" and didn't need to be said. Of course I was packing.
I beieve in "cocked and locked".
TexasEd,
While I understand what you mean,I thought I'd mention that in my lifetime I've come to know some Hells Angles and most are decent folks.Sure they are on the wild side but live their life to a different and somewhat higher code than most people would imagine.
It's the "wanna bees" that disgust most of us.
Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Merchandy:

No disrespect to Hell Angels intended. I'm a Harley rider myself...or at least I used to be until some $#@! stole my bike in Houston.

Anyway, guess the point I was trying to make was that my lab never met a person he didn't love. Total strangers (to him) have let themselves into my house and he brought them one of his MANY tennis balls to throw.

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top