Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:16:56 PM EDT
I get back to my house from working at around 7:30pm on Saturday.  I open the door, and my cat walks out...no biggie, he's an indoor/outdoor cat, and I expected he'd want some outdoor time after being in the house all day.  I leave a few hours later to go out, and then I get back around 3am and no kitty.  I wake the next morning, and no kitty.  I've looked all over the neighborhood, and it's been four days...I think he may well have met his fate under the tires of a car.  And dead animals tend not to stay around the neighborhood for too long for whatever reason (I assume town workes pick up the corpses).

When I started letting him out, I accepted that I was trading his freedom for his safety, and the happier cat might well not live nearly as long as he would have if I had confined him to the homestead.  I just hoped that he would beat the statistics and live for years.

Ringo, if you aren't dead, get your furry ass back here.  And if you are dead, rest in peace...you will be missed.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a good chance that Ringo will be back.

A friend of mine's cat disappered for 4 weeks.  He returned.  A little disheveled and hungry, but he returned.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats Sarge been up to?

Edit: I kill a cat with my car once... not a nice feeling.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here.

I've had cats disappear for a couple of weeks or more, and then show up out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope Ringo makes it back home.

Tagged for updates.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ringo will be back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope you don't have any chinese restaurant owning neighbors

I'm sure your cat will return.  If they go outside too much, they get a taste for it and wont stay in.  Once it returns, make sure you don't let it outside for a while.  

My dog actually disappeared once, it was gone for 2 weeks or so then just showed up on the porch one morning.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same problem with my male cat. Indoor cat 5 years old that wants to stay out all night. Last week he got out and spent his first night outside. He finnally dragged himself in Saturday morning. He was sick for 2 days, throwing up, foaming out his mouth, laying in his litter box.(kinda reminded me of my single days). The wife thought he was going to die. Looked like he used up 2 of his 9 lives. So I will not let him out if I can help it. Good luck on finding your cat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
My siamese was gone for two weeks,she came back safe but knocked up. Shes a smart cat. My fluffy grey bastard was gone for 10 days and came back safe but very hungry. Hes a idiot.

I hope your guy makes it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag for a Safe return.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
do you live in the city? it's illegal to let your cat run around like that, it most likely got picked up by the pound or was trapped and either put down or handed over to the city. I have so many strays that come shit on my porch because of people letting them out I trap them and have the city come and get them, try the city
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]
God be with you and your furball.

Pic
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#12]
You made my girlfriend cry. Hope he returns.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
You live near Sgtar15?  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope he comes back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Fingers crossed.  

For any other indoor cat owners out there, here's a piece of advice, in case a fully indoor cat every "escapes" or gets lost.

Take a few pictures of the cat, and make up a bunch of "lost cat" posters that you can have ready, in case the cat gets lost - with a reward, to really motivate the neighborhood kids to look for it.  That way, if your cat does get out or get lost, you'll be ready to go - and can blanket the neighborhood with flyers and staple them to utility poles.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
maybe it found a car like this one

Linky
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fingers crossed.  

For any other indoor cat owners out there, here's a piece of advice, in case a fully indoor cat every "escapes" or gets lost.

Take a few pictures of the cat, and make up a bunch of "lost cat" posters that you can have ready, in case the cat gets lost - with a reward, to really motivate the neighborhood kids to look for it.  That way, if your cat does get out or get lost, you'll be ready to go - and can blanket the neighborhood with flyers and staple them to utility poles.

and add that your cat requires medication so that whoever finds your cat does not keep it but instead calls you quickly
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Linky

No that was uncalled for........
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

No that was uncalled for........

You're Goddammed right it was uncalled for.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Why do assholes always shit in cat threads?!!?  Fucking sick of it!  I don't like dogs, but do I go around posting this is your threads??

Doucheatron3000 - Sorry to hear about this.  I'm personally against letting cats go outside unless they grew up knowing the outdoors.  It's very unsafe and not a good idea.  I hope it works out.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Linky

.........And I thought I was immature
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope he makes it back. He looks like a wily rascal.

One of our cats got out once and we didn't realize it until that evening when we returned. He ended up on the other side of our backyard fence crying to come back in.

I would put up posters like has been said. I would also walk around the neighborhood calling his name. You might be surprised. He could be stuck in a tree or maybe he's just lost his way and is hiding out under some bushes.

Good luck to you, and good luck Ringo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Linky

not funny man

I hope your pet comes home safe

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Linky

What a Pathetic excuse for a Human Being you are.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#25]
A handsome Tuxedo Tom.  I hope he gets back safely.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
If you haven't checked the local pund, do so. One on my neighbors called the dog catcher on my cat. He trapped him, he's real dumb. Dog catcher said that  my neighbor told him there were wild ferral cats attacking her!!!!!!!!!!! She is from Turkey, been here for 30 years and barley speaking einglish. At least she wasn't Chinnese and hungry.

Cost me to get him out of Cat Jail.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Good luck finding your cat. I have 2 7 month old kittens myself.

And for the ass fucks that hate cats, but always show up in these serious threads and say something utterly fucking retarded:

FUCK OFF!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#28]
here's wishing a good outcome.

Although cats face a lot of dangers outside, I knew one cat that disappeared for 6 weeks, during a cold winter.

He came home, fatter, shinier, and smelling of woodsmoke.  There's a lot of nice little old ladies in the world.  Keep looking, call the pound too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

And what a bunch of fucking women you are!

I have a cat, I recently lost another cat in the exact same way. (It didn't come home and I found it was hit by a car), but the video is funny, and funny is good.

You idiots calling me an asshole for posting that are like a bunch of old women shocked because some girls skirt is too high... "Shame on her", "What a hussy", "How can she go out in public like that"

Doucheatron3000 "Might have" lost his cat, that sucks, but I've lost probably 10 cats in my life and you know what? there is allways a new on right around the corner and kittens are cool.

Doucheatron3000,

I hope you find your cat,

and I hope the rest of you find your manhood.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Our cat disappeared a couple of years ago for over three months.  One morning about daylight he shows up at the front door and walked in and went right to where his food dish was.  He ate and then slept for two days.  The funny thing is he looks exactly like your cat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#31]
in a thick chinese accent;  "no sir, me no see your juicy cat"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linky

And what a bunch of fucking women you are!

I have a cat, I recently lost another cat in the exact same way. (It didn't come home and I found it was hit by a car), but the video is funny, and funny is good.

You idiots calling me an asshole for posting that are like a bunch of old women shocked because some girls skirt is too high... "Shame on her", "What a hussy", "How can she go out in public like that"

Doucheatron3000 "Might have" lost his cat, that sucks, but I've lost probably 10 cats in my life and you know what? there is allways a new on right around the corner and kittens are cool.

Doucheatron3000,

I hope you find your cat,

and I hope the rest of you find your manhood.

Idiotic!

If you have something you view as bad happen to you, I'll make sure I make jokes about it. Then call you a fucking pussy when you don't really find it all that amusing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm 1 and 1.

Lost 2 cats, one a holy terror who thankfully never returned, the other a very good cat who did come back...2 days I think..

My cats stay in at night but can go out during the day.  I've never seen them in the front yard or anywhere close to the street.  There are however, coyotes in town, actually saw one once, crossing the street in the early a.m.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#34]
prayers for yall and ringo.
don't give up hope, cats have a way of getting themselves into things, sometimes things they can get out of. Tt could be locked up in someone's garage maybe for example, ect.
I've had cats go away for a few days to return. I've had 1 gone 2 weeks and returned, obviously she had been locked up, was dehydrated and tired. Heard of many gone  lot longer who eturned. Also had 5 or 6 over the years who never returned.
3 last summer.
Things you could do is put up flyers, print that photo with writing and phone # on it, on telephone poles, at the humane society, ect., put an ad in paper, put the flyers in neighborhood doors.
And phone the city workers You also might walk around when it's quieter and call at places like garage doors or anywhere you think it might he could be locked up.
I know it's a rough time.
Again prayers for yall and God bless....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Idiotic!

If you have something you view as bad happen to you, I'll make sure I make jokes about it. Then call you a fucking pussy when you don't really find it all that amusing.

Please find the quote where I called Doucheatron3000 a pussy.

my comments were aimed at the old women like you giving me shit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#36]
yotes take a lot of cats round here....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Idiotic!

Please find the quote where I called Doucheatron3000 a pussy.

my comments were aimed at the old women like you giving me shit.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure Doucheatron3000 found your post to be hysterical.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

So now you can read his mind and how he feels?

Are you an Empath from some advanced race?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So now you can read his mind and how he feels?

Are you an Empath from some advanced race?

MARKLAR
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Check the pound, and around the neighbourhood, but don't be surprised to find the cat back in the house, without being let in.

With dogs: Let dog out, let dog in, let dog out, let dog in, repeat.

With cats: Let cat out, let cat in, let cat out, let cat out, let cat in, let cat in, ......
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Linky

That was hilarious! I have a tabby that looks exactly like that one. Some people need to lighten up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Does the cat have a collar?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Check the neighborhood again, especially backyard woodpiles.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I think he will return as well.  My huge ass white cat is 14 y.o. and still takes down small children in the neighborhood  If yo hear anything in the news about a large, white, fanged , and paws the size of boxing mitts killing people in jersey.............you know where you heard it first
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
There's a good chance that Ringo will be back.

A friend of mine's cat disappered for 4 weeks.  He returned.  A little disheveled and hungry, but he returned.

Yep, it might be living wild or someone might even have taken it in and they keep it in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's hpoing Ringo makes it home safely. When I was a kid, my dog was missing for over 7 weeks. Someone across the river in IL found him wandering around.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#47]
he's out with another pussy,
let him hump around the block then he will come back

that is if you feed him nine'lives
which i hope you do cause there is a chance he might have used one
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy crap, that vids pretty funny... I doubt the window alone could do that - they must have put a blade on it. (If it's real, which I doubt since there was no blood and the cat seemed too stiff)

ETA, vid page won't load now...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#49]
i lost my cat "stan" up at my cabin one july, my ex-wife had the bright idea of putting him on a leash and leaving him on the porch, stan didn't like that and slipped the leash. so my ex-wife starts a campaign of putting out posters and the like to find stan of course all of the locals we're saying a wolf, coyote, lynx or something like that had gotten him but stan grew up in a logging camp in southeast alaska and he was pretty wiley and i kept finding shrews and mice on the doorsteps to the cabin whenever i went up to look for him then one october night when i was checking the perimeter with my i.r. i saw these eyeballs sure enough it was stan, he was skinny but ok, he was pissed about the two kittens and border collie we had adopted in his absence but he adjusted, he's 17 and a survivor. cats are the coolest and i hope yours makes it home, unlike dogs they don't need us, and cats are just as loyal, i have stories...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Been there

Never give up all hope. I had a friend who lived in an apartment next to an Interstate. She lost her cat and he showed up more than 6 months later! By then she had adopted another cat. She said it was like watching a ex-boyfriend meet her current-boyfriend when the cats first saw each other in her bedroom.

In any case, "tomorrow is promised to no man (or cat)!" You keep good memories of your little friend and that cat (if he is gone) lived a much better and happier life for having you as a master. Take comfort in that.

Have you checked with the County Animal Shelter, local Humane Society, etc.?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top