Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 8:44:36 AM EDT
I'm proud of my boy so I figured I'd share with ARFCOM.

My son turns 8 next month and has bugged me for the last few years to go fishing, unfortunately we were in Okinawa the last seven years so I couldn't really take him. We've been here in WA so I decided to rectify the situation.

I took him out for just he and I day, first was a run to Cabellas to get him some gear plus me a license and adventure pass for the parks. He picked out his pole and tackle box. He got a Shakespeare posh button on an ugly stick.

We didn't catch anything but he picked up casting very fast and was consistently getting it out there 15-25 feet against wind and we had a great time. I just need to find a place where we can catch something.

Well... He caught something:
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like he had a good time at least! Good on you for taking him OP.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like the last 2 times I went fishing

An eel and some weeds..
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#3]
nice catch
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Good dad and a great kid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Great job, he will never forget it.  You could probably ask around in your HTF, they could likely point you in the right direction as far as good places to catch fish.

ETA:  I wish I could help, but I have a feeling the fishing is completely different up there.  

All we do here with kids is give them a bobber with a live worm or cricket on the hook.  Something will eat it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
try lake st. clair its open year round
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]
What kept you from fishing while in Okinawa?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kept you from fishing while in Okinawa?
View Quote

Dropping coin to buy saltwater gear and being ready to lose it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Good job dad.

I've got a video of my sons first fish.

It's a great memory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top