Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 2:33:41 PM EDT
Coral Springs, FL (Northern Broward County)

We have had steady 20 mph + winds since 11 p.m. Fri. 9/3/04. The gusts however, come every couple of seconds to 45 mph +. It's strong enough that leaves sting as they strike you.

So far, my neighbors and I have lost some shingles. The neighborhood as a whole is losing tree limbs. Thankfully, no structural damage.

The rain has come horizontally at times. I'd say we have had four inches today alone. (Not too bad by S. FL standards ...)

No flooding, driving isn't a problem. We are very thankful that this thing didn't come 50 miles more to the South !
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted till lines go down. Take care
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I'm glad everything is okay so far. I'm sure this rain is good for the Everglades, they need every drop of water they can get, because the past few years, the drought has really hit them hard. There is so little fresh water that the salt water from the ocean is inching inland, this should help alot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
yea, but time for the hurricane blues.

the second time in 3 weeks we're stuck at home riding it out with not much to do but wait.

well, at least there's arfcom (as long as the internet is up).

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 15 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale and we are doing okay here.

It has been raining pretty much non-stop for past 20 hours.  About 2 hours ago we had some real strong 60+ mph winds for about 10 minutes.  I went outside to check after that strong wind and found 2 of my palm tress had uprooted and gone down.  I guess the ground was too wet to hold up.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a pic of the sunset here. Nice huh?

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm 15 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale and we are doing okay here.

It has been raining pretty much non-stop for past 20 hours.  About 2 hours ago we had some real strong 60+ mph winds for about 10 minutes.  I went outside to check after that strong wind and found 2 of my palm tress had uprooted and gone down.  I guess the ground was too wet to hold up.

Is this thing going to peter out ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]
9:31 p.m.

The wind is blowing about the same. The rain has begun to fall a little heavier. Went out an hour ago and raked about five bags of leaves from the driveway alone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Most boring hurricane ever. Everyone here in N.FL went all out, sandbags, boarded up etc. Even the Post Office had a hurricane plan. All weekend plans were put on hold. In 30 years, I've never seen this much preparation, no rain or wind as of yet.  Not complaining, rather be bored & boarded than battered. Going to mow the grass and do yard work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Most boring hurricane ever. Everyone here in N.FL went all out, sandbags, boarded up etc. Even the Post Office had a hurricane plan. All weekend plans were put on hold. In 30 years, I've never seen this much preparation, no rain or wind as of yet.  Not complaining, rather be bored & boarded than battered. Going to mow the grass and do yard work tomorrow.

Yup...this one's a real yawner so far...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top