Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:19:55 AM EDT
He is an Italian Immigrant trying to gain citizen ship; he is THE Yoda of HMMWV's and more of an "American" than most people I know.

He writes:

Check this one out...
The machine is an M644 TRAM outfit with our armor CPK (crew protection kit) 3/4" steel and 2.20" transparent armor. The IED appears to be a 155 artillery round that went off by pressure detonator when the front tire hit. The blast happen right under the cab area and destroyed the engine, hydro system and tranny along with all the original metal parts. The cab is untouched: lost a rear flood light and 1/3 of the rear view mirror. The Marine inside walked out without a scratch.
This vehicle is part of a prototype effort we designed, mocked up and finished and deliver in a total of 31 days. The prototype went to Aberdeen and 6 crated kits were sent to Iraq on May 30th 2006. Two weeks after the delivery June 15th, 5 out of 6 were already in theater, all complete and installed.
If we worked with the usual slow motion of many big companies in this business, the Marine who walked out the machine early this past October, may have not been walking at all today.

We all worked long hours, nights, days, weekends, holidays, in the heat or in the rain to finish the prototype, but there is no better pay than knowing you contributed to saving a life.

That's the reason why I go to work.

Angelo

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Awesome!

Great nose picking picture too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Awesome!

Y'know, I saw that, but I wasn't gonna say anything. I figure being over there he's earned the right to pick his nose.

Great job w/ the armor! I certainly hope this dude's citizenship goes through in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Awesome!

+1

Left handed pick...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

come on, that is clearly a nose-scratch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats awesome.  Thats the type of engineering job i want when i graduate
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Bizarre similarity to the Popemobile...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Good show !   Tell him to keep up the great work.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
we need more people like him.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"If I pick, do I not bleed?!"
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow. Thanks for posting this, and thank your friend Angelo for his dedication to task!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
we need more people like him.

+1 plz send more like him
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"If I pick, do I not bleed?!"

Those iraqi sandstorm hardshellqueebiez are a biotch!

I bet that Marines bell was ringin awhile....."Sanctuary"... Sanctuary"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top