Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:56:48 PM EDT
The spring shoot for us Carolina folks was a blast. I realized after 25 minutes of showing up that I need an FAL. Even the wife loved it.

Carolina Shoot Thread

Damn I love ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a Century FAL . I got one just like that one. They are a blast. .308 will reach out and touch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
FAL FTW!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Careful.

She's got that smile on her face like she's found HER new rifle. If you bring one home, keep an eye on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like a Century FAL . I got one just like that one. They are a blast. .308 will reach out and touch.

I belive you are right. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Look at the smile on my wife's face, it says it all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I envy you
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Careful.

She's got that smile on her face like she's found HER new rifle. If you bring one home, keep an eye on it.

Yeah no kidding! She wants one and a full size .45 too. She is only 5'1" and could barely hold the FAL up!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Who's the proud father?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who's the proud father?

Of the gun? u352 is the proud owner of "Sticky"

If you are talking about my 26yr. old wife, well I don't think you would know him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
why do women always lean back when they shoot??
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Love em, especially the STG-58's

Need to build a few more.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Lack of upper body strength.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]
FAL great choice
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
"A FAL", not "an FAL".
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"A FAL", not "an FAL".

It depends, are you pronnouncing it "fal" or "eff-A-ell"?

It's not about the letter of the following word, it's the sound it produces.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I love FALs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fear of recoil.

Also, WTF , aren't there enough american made parts for foreign FAL receivers or american made FAL's to make them compliant to remove those ear shattering (even with hearing protection) muzzle breaks?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lack of upper body strength.

Not always true. My Aunt used to stand like that when she shot My M4gery.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Also, WTF , aren't there enough american made parts for foreign FAL receivers or american made FAL's to make them compliant to remove those ear shattering (even with hearing protection) muzzle breaks?

What I want to know is if you have a domecticly made receiver, then why can't you have all the import parts you want?  If the receiver is the gun, and the springs, barrel, trigger, hammer, etc are just machined steel why is thewre still some black fucking legal magic to contend with?

Use the other A and call it "fall".
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"A FAL", not "an FAL".

An F A L sounds stupiderist than an FAL.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yes there are, even US made flash hiders.
But, Century also has lots of post-ban muzzle brakes they need to get rid of.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, yes you must have one!

And if you ever sell it you will get another and another, until you
decide never to be without one ever. At least that's what happened to me.

Some are so addicted to the FAL that they have whole fleets of them
in all flavors. Just like AR's. One cool thing about the FAL is that you can learn about the
history of all the different versions and maybe even own a few.

Of course then you will have to buy up all the 7.62 NATO you can afford as well as 5.56/.223.

Welcome to the addiction.

The only two rifles that I can safely say are never up for sale or trade are my
no-ban shorty AR15 and my Imbel FAL.

Be safe,

Flyer

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked the FAL and had one before an AR.

I apologize.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Receiver, hammer, trigger, sear, pistol grip, handguards, buttstock, barrel, gas piston, charging handle.

I think you only need 6 parts on an FAL (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I built mine!) so it is possible to replace those muzzle brakes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#25]
the pie queen  

what does that mean
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Receiver, hammer, trigger, sear, pistol grip, handguards, buttstock, barrel, gas piston, charging handle.

I think you only need 6 parts on an FAL (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I built mine!) so it is possible to replace those muzzle brakes.

7 parts are required if there is a muzzle device on the rifle.  I just finished my first build on an Imbel kit.  My US parts were: DSA receiver, DSA stock/pistol grip/hanguard, H/T/S set from Falcon Arms.  It now sits nicely next to my SAR-48.  Man, I love the FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top