User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 5:49:12 AM EDT
There ought to be a law!

Story from WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit

Employee Killed In Sword Attack At Metal Company
Man Says He Was Tired Of Bullying

POSTED: 7:27 am EDT October 28, 2004

An argument between workers led to a fatal sword stabbing in Detroit Wednesday night, according to police.

A 30-year-old employee at Peerless Metal said he was tired of being bullied. He went to his car to retrieve a 3-foot long sword and slashed his coworker's neck, Local 4 reported.

The attack occurred at about 11:30 p.m. at the metal company located on West Fort Street, according to police.

The victim, a man in his 40s, died.

The 30-year-old man was arrested. Police have recovered the weapon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Dammit!  Feinswine was RIGHT!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
where's clean_cut?

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
This is why swords need a warning engraved on the side of them stating that improper use may result in injury or death.

This sort of thing would never happen under Kerry.

John Kerry, for a stronger Amerika.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#4]
what was improper use, it did what it was sposed to do - it  cut, when the user sliced.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
"and this, the most unkindest cut of all"

Sir Francis Bacon (aka as Shakespear)

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what was improper use, it did what it was sposed to do - it  cut, when the user sliced.  

Swords don't kill people, .....never mind.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sort of makes you wonder what his co-workers said when he walked by carrying a sword...

Co-workers: "Hey Willie, what ya gonna do whit that sword?"

Willie -"I am gonna go Braveheart on that MoFo"

Co-workers:  "WTF?"
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
They should ban metal and metal workers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#9]
i love when bully's get  cut down
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"and this, the most unkindest cut of all"

Sir Francis Bacon (aka as Shakespear)

Mike

DO NOT EVEN...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Swords & knives should be defined as an "assualt weapon."
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Swords & knives should be defined as an "assualt asharp weapon."

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
where's clean_cut?

On the dudes neck by the sound of it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#14]
it has become clear by now that metal is evil. it kills as a gun a sword and a spear, it is evil and a law banning the private ownership of any metal except for law enforcemnt is necessary to save the children. serious sarcasm pls. actually i think australia has banned swords since they bev=came popular when guns were banned
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#15]

The media is calling it an "assault sword".

Zen
"This is my sword, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sort of makes you wonder what his co-workers said when he walked by carrying a sword...

Co-workers: "Hey Willie, what ya gonna do whit that sword?"

Willie -"I am gonna go Braveheart on that MoFo"

Co-workers:  "WTF?"

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#17]
BAN SWORDS!!! Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#18]
These two stories are off the local TV websites in Detroit concerning the sword attack

Metal Worker Nearly Decapitates Man With Sword
Metals Plant Worker Makes Weapon At Factory

POSTED: 7:27 am EDT October 28, 2004

A metals plant employee killed a co-worker with a sword that he fashioned for himself at a factory on Detroit's southwest side, police said Thursday.

The 30-year-old Detroit resident was in custody after the slaying, which occurred at about 11:25 p.m. Wednesday, police spokesman James Tate said.

Witnesses told police the man complained he was being bullied by another employee at the Peerless Metal factory on West Fort Street. He then finished a sword that he had been working on. When he returned, he struck the 40-year-old victim with the sword in the neck area, nearly decapitating him, Tate said.

The suspect fled the scene but later returned. When police arrived, he was waiting there, drinking a beer.

Witnesses told the police the suspect was interested in "fantasy board games."

Brutal Murder at a Steel Plant
By Bill Proctor
Web produced by Christine Lasek
October 28, 2004

A brutal murder horrified workers at a quiet steel plant Thursday morning. Witnesses say a man killed his coworker with a sharpened piece of metal because, according to the suspect, the victim picked on him.

James Tate, spokesman for the Detroit Police Department, told 7 Action News, "The suspect did indicate that he had been bullied by the victim over a period of time."

The bizarre attack took place at the Peerless Metals Plant in Southwest Detroit.

Investigators believe violent video games the suspect had been involved with in the past may have influenced his actions Thursday.

According to Tate, "Witnesses indicate that the perpetrator was heavily involved in fantasy games, board games."

Detroit police investigators have witnesses to the crime, coworkers of the 40-year-old victim and 30-year-old suspect.

Witnesses say the suspect approached the victim with a piece of scrap metal, then fashioned that metal into a sword approximately 2 feet long.

"The perpetrator then walks to the back of the location, and continues to construct, actually finishes constructing, a sword that he had been constructing over a number of days," Tate explained. "When he returns, he then comes into the room, tells witnesses to clear away, and fatally strikes the victim in the neck."

Police have taken the suspect into custody. They are conducting interviews with witnesses, as well as the suspect.

The lesson?   Don't mess with fantasy game geeks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hey I resemble that

Some of us are merely trying to learn Iaido and keep an ancient martial tradition alive! Obviously the guy didn;t know what he was doing, or he would have taken his head clean off!

Made it himself... wonder if it was any better than a normal 30 dollar wall hanger?
/Phil
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
This never would have happened if they were both unemployed
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
but can you wield it underwater?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
where's clean_cut?

I would never do such a thing...

Also haven't gotten my sword yet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#24]
fantasy board games should be banned
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]
 Luckily the dude was into fantasy board games and not something kick ass like HALO!!!!  Woulda been a noisy day at work.

Personally, I am just all broken up about the bully getting his comuppance.

NOT.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Or, don't work in Detroit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top