Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/22/2002 1:42:34 AM EDT
Can you legally be a resident in more than one state? I will be moving to Utah in about a month. They require that you be a resident for at least 5 years before you can obtain a conceal carry permit. However, they except Alabama pistol permits which I currently have. I was wondering if I could continue my residency in Alabama while living in Utah in order to loophole their CCW law. At least until I've been in Utah for 5 years. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:10:16 AM EDT
The ATF considers you a resident of a state if you spend at least one weekend a month in that state, from what I remember when I was looking at the rules. You could keep an apartment or something in Alabama and get a state resident ID instead of a driver's liscense (you can only have one driver's liscense, a resident ID just says that you have an address in the state). Kharn
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:12:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kharn: The ATF considers you a resident of a state if you spend at least one weekend a month in that state, from what I remember when I was looking at the rules. You could keep an apartment or something in Alabama and get a state resident ID instead of a driver's liscense (you can only have one driver's liscense, a resident ID just says that you have an address in the state). Kharn
View Quote
Good! I had been wondering the same thing regarding CA and AZ.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:42:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:54:21 PM EDT
Well, this is all a moot point now. I reread the qualifications for getting a CCW permit in Utah, and you don't even have to be a resident to qualify. My mistake. I assumed that when they wanted to know your 5 year residential and work history, you had to be a resident of Utah for at least 5 years. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Top Top