Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:58:34 PM EDT
Anybody know what company is best for broadband access(cable modem/dsl)?

Would like to know about performance, prices, etc.

TIA!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody know what company is best for broadband access(cable modem/dsl)?

Would like to know about performance, prices, etc.

TIA!
View Quote

Comcast and WOW are the main providers in SE michigan.  Comcast is by far the most popular.  Can't help you with prices cause I'm still a spoiled college kid living with my folks.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Comcast and am satisfied.  I runs about $43/month with a rented modem with cable TV service. TV is extra on top of that.

What brings you to Ann Arbor?  I've found it to be terribly liberal compared to N. MI where I lived previously.  There isn't even one good gun shop in the entire town!  (For comparison:  Traverse City, MI had at one time, four.  Now I think they are down to three, with only 80,000 people in the entire county!)

Kent
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Work.

Moving is a pain in the ass, I've noticed.

But I need my broadband - I have a cable modem right now, and I won't go back to dial-up.

Green_canoe - so that $43/mo includes both broadband and cable tv?  Sounds too good to be true.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
When you get in town and settled in, come out for a MI shoot.  The full-auto guys put on one hell of a show, and us with our meager semi's have a pretty good time as well.  Good luck with your move.  Ann Arbor is a pretty cool place to be despite what everyone says.  There's always something going on over there plus it is only a short drive to several other big cities.  Just watch out for the art fair if you are near downtown.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top