Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:33:08 AM EDT
I bought a dvd about 6 weeeks ago but never got around to watching it.  Last night I took the time.  The intro claims it is based on true story.  I don't know has historically accurate it is but it starts at the massacre at Malmedy.  Title of the movie  "Saints and Soldiers".  Producted by an independent production company by the name of "Medal of Honor." It is definitely one to add to the WWII collection.

Edited to add movie title to thread title.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Yes, a very good film, considering the lack of star power or large budget.

You might consider editing the title so people know which movie you're reviewing.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTT

In Before The Title
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I really liked it.  It's a great study into how different people cope with the horrors of war, yet it doesn't get overly depressing.

Very well done movie considering it's small budget.  They filmed a lot of it a few miles from my house (the Alpine Loop near Sundance Ski Resort).
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
lots of action scenes in it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
lots of action scenes in it?

It begins with the massacre at Malmady.  After that there is little action until the final third of the movie.  Then you get some really amazing combat sequences.

Saints and Soldiers could be described a well done drama with some terrific combat thrown in.  It's more of a thinking man's movie than a blood and guts action thriller.

As an aside, the part where the Brit tries to give the other guy a cigarette and the part with the kid and Deacon really got to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top