Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 9:01:47 AM EDT
I know every state is different but what can I expect on a written exam?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know every state is different but what can I expect on a written exam?

You should expect to pick up the little booklet with all the laws when you enter the DMV office and memorize the rules by the time they're ready to seat you for the test.  Should take 30 minutes to do both.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you passed the motor vehicle test for a car, and you know how to ride a bike, you can pass a written test. The only questions that would be different are the safety regulations and emergency questions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I walked in, answered 15 questions in less than 5 min and left with a permit.  There might be some questions on law and penalties, those are tha hardest.  You shoould get 100%.  

You realy need to be retarded to fail.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's course, walked into the DVM with my card from said class, paid five bucks, and walked out with a class M endorsement.

I would reccomend for everyone who wants to start riding to take the MSF class.  There were several people in my class who had never touched a motorcycle before class and they were riding safely by the end of the course.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's course, walked into the DVM with my card from said class, paid five bucks, and walked out with a class M endorsement.

I would reccomend for everyone who wants to start riding to take the MSF class.  There were several people in my class who had never touched a motorcycle before class and they were riding safely by the end of the course.

+1 the best way to start on a bike is to take the MSF course, some of the MSF course grads I know have crashed since riding, however, ALL of those riders I know that learned on their own or learned from a friend have crashed, usually w/ more severity and frequency
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 the best way to start on a bike is to take the MSF course, some of the MSF course grads I know have crashed since riding, however, ALL of those riders I know that learned on their own or learned from a friend have crashed, usually w/ more severity and frequency

I bet the guys that take the course are more interested in riding safely to begin with, and that the ones that learn in a parking lot are just not as worried about keeping the rubber side down.  I think you choose which guy you're going to be when you decide how to learn to ride.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty sure most of the questions are like this:

When should you wear a helmet?

A)  Every time you ride.
B)  Only when doing stunt riding that involves ramps and fire.
C)  Only when jerking off in your bathroom.
D)  You should never wear a helmet, as they can catch fire and explode, and are sometimes radioactive.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I absolutely reccomend this. its the best thing to get you started right as opposed to picking up a lot of bad habits or ending up on someones front bumper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+100,  Here in Florida we have an organization called the Florida Saftey Council. It's the best $250 I ever spent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top