Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 9:16:23 AM EDT
Just got my flier and they will be $129 later this week. I have kind of wanted one but don't know a damn thing about them. Not looking for the "one" with that special mark that means it was used by the Czar himself, just want a nice solid one.  Anything I need to know or just get it and shoot it, then shoot it some more?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
After you buy one, the mere mention of the word cosmoline will send you into a blind fit of rage.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
They're wartime-manufacture round receiver M91/30s. They're crude, but utterly reliable, and reasonably accurate for what they are. They're also incredibly cheap to shoot.

Take a look at the bore if you can, but the overwhelming majority of these are going to have perfectly serviceable bores.

They have a safety, but it's annoying and nobody I know uses it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm... My C&R FFL showed up yesterday
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Be careful, once mosins reach critical mass in your safe and establish a breeding population, they will rapidly deplete all remaining safe space.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful, once mosins reach critical mass in your safe and establish a breeding population, they will rapidly deplete all remaining safe space.
View Quote

I have heard this....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Makes me wish I would have bought 20 of them back when they were $59 ea...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I was at Cabela's in Hammond, IN on Sun. All of their Mosins were complete and utter garbage. The wood was all beat to hell and the metal finish was roughed up. No idea where they got them, but I would not pay a penny over $89.99 for the pieces of crap they were selling as Mosins.

If you do happen to find a nice one, 7.62x54r.net is a good resource for all things Mosin.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's in Hammond, IN on Sun. All of their Mosins were complete and utter garbage. The wood was all beat to hell and the metal finish was roughed up. No idea where they got them, but I would not pay a penny over $89.99 for the pieces of crap they were selling as Mosins.

If you do happen to find a nice one, 7.62x54r.net is a good resource for all things Mosin.
View Quote

Same at the Cabela's in Dundee, MI.  Had about 8 on the rack, and they all had been thrown down the driveway at least 87 times.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hmmmm... My C&R FFL showed up yesterday
View Quote
then go to AIM and order from there, they show up at your door!

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same at the Cabela's in Dundee, MI.  Had about 8 on the rack, and they all had been thrown down the driveway at least 87 times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm, this in interesting info. I was thinking they would at least be in "good" shape being from Cabela's. It will be a drive to get there, I live in Tucson. Want to make sure it's worth the trip. (Will make a couple other stops while there, won't be the sole reason to go)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top