Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2004 1:19:04 PM EST
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick & tired of the lying f@*kin' moron idiots whose giving their opinions on the lapse of the AWB? I'm not talking about regular brain-dead citizens, I'm talking about chiefs of police and other idiots who should know the law and a little bit about the guns they're talking about! These same guns have always been available, most hunting rifles will go through a bullet- proof vest, most will go through several walls. I'm from rural Okla., but I've been watching the local news, the Chief of Police of OKC has been spouting a bunch of BULL-SHIT, either he's lying out his ass, or he's totally incompetent to do his job, he should at least know a little about guns and a lot about the law!

Sorry, had to get this off my chest!

teamroper2004
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:35:46 PM EST
They're politicians.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:39:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:40:52 PM EST
At least 95% of the US population has NO CLUE about what the AWB really "banned", or the difference between semiautomatic and fully automatic firearms, and the laws applicable to each...it's easy for the MSM to push lies when almost nobody out there knows the truth...present company excepted, of course!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:48:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
just heard a local cop call into our talk radio station. said he is all for arming the public to the teeth. He said armed citzens take out twice the number of bad guys each year that the cops do. more armed people equals fewer chances he has to have a shoot out.

Kinda of a neat perspective i thought.

Hooray for Alabama LEO's. Actually, most ordinary cops feel the same way and really like having legal CCW's on the street. At least those in the better places to live feel that way.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:51:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
just heard a local cop call into our talk radio station. said he is all for arming the public to the teeth. He said armed citzens take out twice the number of bad guys each year that the cops do. more armed people equals fewer chances he has to have a shoot out.

Kinda of a neat perspective i thought.

OUTSTANDING

One station here had the obligatory anti-gun Chief of police saying that these weapons were the choice of drug dealers & gang bangers, this will lead to arms race starting this week, etc.

Surprisingly, 2 other stations in town interviewed a SARGEANT who said "grandpas hunting rifle is way more powerful than these assault weapons...I dont think cime will go up at all." NoT Bad!
Top Top