Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 9:35:14 PM EDT
As some of you know, I have a 9mm olympic arms AR for sale in the EE.

There have been several threads in the team forum lately about problems w/ the EE.

We've all read, and joked about, the 'preban' AR's offered for outrageous prices on the EE.

Well, some idiot just raised the bar.....instead of offering his preban for sale on the EE.....

He just offered to trade me a PREBAN LOWER for my 9mm AR.

Ummm.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck is your problem?
The guy offered you an excellent deal on a preban for your 9mm.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What the fuck is your problem?
The guy offered you an excellent deal on a preban for your 9mm.

Um...yeah...my bad.

I mean, heck, I could get it now, and it two weeks, it'll be worth...what..maybe $100?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ar that is one nice rifle you have, I'm looking at getting a 9mm ar soon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's like offering booze days before the end of prohibition.   Uh, no thanks buddy, this rifle is a no-ban weapon.

Ask if he has any preban Black Talons.

Don't get me started on black talons. I watched a friend of mine spend a pile of money on those...pad so much for 'em that, 4 years later now, he's still carrying the same ones in his .45...they cost too much to shoot, he says.

I wonder if they feed?
I wonder if they're relaible at that age?
I wonder if they're half as good as current-generation defense ammo?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just want to know why people edit out their prices with SOLD instead of leaving the price there. I like seeing how much stuff has sold for so I can gauge the market.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just want to know why people edit out their prices with SOLD instead of leaving the price there. I like seeing how much stuff has sold for so I can gauge the market.

Me too
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]
This one time at pre-band camp...........................
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't get me started on black talons. I watched a friend of mine spend a pile of money on those...pad so much for 'em that, 4 years later now, he's still carrying the same ones in his .45...they cost too much to shoot, he says.

I wonder if they feed?

Yeah, Black Talons always seemed to feed ok in my weapons. But let's hope he hasn't rechambered the same round 100 times and has the bullet set-back 3/4 into the case!

I wonder if they're relaible at that age?

I've heard lots of talk about people experiencing "dead" primers in the old Black Talon amo that's been out there now for 10 or 12 years.

I wonder if they're half as good as current-generation defense ammo?

They'd be lucky to be half as good as the newer Winchester Ranger loads which are much improved over the old Black Talon design. The Ranger tends to offer very good expansion and does so consistently, even through heavy clothing. The Black Talon was horrible at expanding after penetrating clothing. I would also rate the Speer Gold Dot as being better, in general.

The Black Talon has been made into a "gee whiz" wonder bullet by people who don't know any better. There are mich better rounds on the market these days. Plus they are new and more likely to go bang than something that's been sitting around for 10, 11, 12, or 13 years.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Not that i'm amazed, but come on!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
wow! i haven't looked at the EE lately, i figured it would be a little more 'intelligent' than the gunshow crazy prices.  alot of "mint pre-bans" for sell on there for over $1K!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top