Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 11:30:57 PM EDT
no wonder CNN doesn't have a clue -
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/0503/21guns.html

(and the DU thread - http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1954.html  at least a pro-gun member their rips the article as it should be)

Look at some of the horrid spelling / phonetic mistakes (and they call it 'journalism') -

[b]"Sterm Kever" -- or assault rifle.[/b]

[b]Assault rifles were created solely to kill people; today, those people are often law enforcement officers. Forty-one of the 211 U.S. police officers killed in the line of duty between 1998 and 2001 were murdered with assault rifles, according to a new analysis by the Violence Policy Center.[/b]

Anybody read that study - I hear they included several types / models of weapons not even included in the AWB, OR normally included in the rubric 'Assault Weapon' (which is a bullshit term, anyway).

[b]The NRA leadership insists the right to own a gun accorded Americans in the Second Amendment extends to any and all guns, even those that fire off 30 rounds in less than two seconds and murder innocent children.[/b]

Hum. must be under the usual delusion that the AWB has ANYTHING to do with FULL-AUTO weapons. Anybody know anyone that can fire 30 semi-auto shots in 2secs??

Anyway, usual uninformed, exaggerated crapola.
Take your Blood Pressure meds before going anywhere near DU.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Why do you subject yourself to such Bullshit

2. why do you post it here and make me NOW HAVE TO TAKE A ZANTAC???

Visiting DU and reading it everyday is like repeatedly walking up to dog shit and taking a taste, wondering if today, its gonna taste different.... AHHHH!!! MY NEW SIG LINE IS BORN!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, you sigged YOURSELF??

I go there to see what the Leftist freaks are up to, see what crazy conspiracy theories they are whipping themselves into a frenzy over, AND to get heads-up on what to be ready to beat them over the head about & with, when I wind up interacting with such idiots in public, or on mixed-audience opinion boards. (shrug) Forewarned is Forearmed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I do appreciate those of us that have the stomach and can deal with wading through mountains of bullshit at DUh and bring back these reports.  We do need to know what's happening on the other side of the fence.

I have enough trouble keeping from throwing things into the wall when I read the summaries that you observers bring back.  The few times that I've gone over myself has left me sputtering with incoherent rage at what passes for "discussion" and "exchanging ideas" at that cesspool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top