Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 11:37:52 PM EDT
1. The Verizon commercial with the dumbass family in the kitchen playing with the remote control robot. "My family can really talk". Well woman, your family should learn to shut the hell up!!!

2. Cingular and their blatant attempt at trying to capitalize on the now tired "wasssuuup!" yelling. Glad it was only during the college basketball thing.

3. The most annoying one is the polariod commercial where the crotch crumb guy is taking pics of himself and sliding them under some ho's door in an effort to get her to let him in.
"Anna". Ya know buddy, I wish she would have called the cops on you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The stupidest commercial of all time is that thetruth.com crap.  Those people suck ass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The stupidest commercial of all time is that thetruth.com crap.  Those people suck ass.
View Quote

AMEN!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the TV on Saturday morning and a 30 minute info-merical came on telling me to donate money to JERUSALEM to house the homeless !!! I guess the billions we send are not enough, oh wait they are being spent on tanks and jets. I bet the homeless numbers have gone up drastically the last seven days with the ongoing urban renewal.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife hates that car commercial that features that 70's looking girl having a siezure while techo plays in the background.

I personally hate those meaningless Levi's ads.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Your wife is right Schnert. I damn near broke my neck doing a double take when I first saw that. Like, WTF is wrong with her?!

That Burger King dancing chickens cartoon creeps me out for some weird reason...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Shut the fvcking tv off and these commercials won't be a problem anymore.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Golgo-13, jvst shvt the fvcking compvter off and these threads won't bother you as much![;D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The man with the method.

Amen.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better shut the radio off too. Yesterday I kept hearing IRS public service announcements about the "Earned Income Tax Credit".

If I understand the situation correctly, they are using my tax money to encourage people who live beyond their means, and are opposed to tax cuts, to pay less taxes, or get a refund even if they've paid no taxes.

Love their new slogan too: "At the IRS, we're trying to put service first"

Well, I certainly feel like I've been serviced...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey Golgo-13, jvst shvt the fvcking compvter off and these threads won't bother you as much![;D]
View Quote

My comrades here were expressing distress.  I offered a solution.  What did you bring to the table?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The man with the method.

Amen.
View Quote

MethodMan?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]
can you hear me? moves one step, can you still hear me?  moves another step, can you hear me now?  Can we strangle him?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I learned many years ago in a psych. class on the section of our book called propaganda and brainwashing (of all things), that commercials are geared to keep the attention of a four or five year old. This applied to all commercials.
This is still pretty apparent, isn't it????
[whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]
What about that Cottenelle toliet paper commercial?  You all KNOW what you are looking at!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Today's advertisements (print or TV) are far too expensive to be left to idiots – unless the client insists.

If you really take the time to study the text in a print Ad., you will see how they are geared to a specific target market, and I can assure you, every single word is selected with extreme care. Given the legal restrictions nowadays, the best of the copywriter's craft is great lierature.

The same applies to TV. The concept that you will reward Ads that entertain you has a firm hold. The idea being that you will reward the amusing Ad., by trying their product in response to being entertained. And just like there are good comics and bad; there are good and annoying Ads (another philosophy of advertising entirely).

My biggest criticism is the repitition of the same Ads – be they good or bad. A current example are the AOL Ads on CNN (the same company). Another is the owners of companies, whose ego exceeds commonsense, and they insist on either being in the Ad. or designing it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
How about any commercial with rap music ? I'd rather get punched in the gut than listen to a 60 second dose of rap music...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
My pet peeve are magazine ads in rags like GQ with all the young pretty boys in their Gucci jeans.  I am moved to ponder removing their nuts, so I guess this means I must not be part of the target audience.

Now bear in mind I don't normally read these kind of mags, but I'll try reading anything while waiting to get a haircut or a tooth drilled on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN!
View Quote

I actually applied for an advertising internship a while ago with them through Arnold advertising here in Boston.  As it turned out, I guess I was a little to truthful with them on the application when the asked for suggestions.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN!
View Quote

Smokers by chance?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I try not to watch too much of the crap on the tube, but I saw one the other day (during a baseball game)that made me smile. Jack in The Box has one out, and i don't remember most of it, but the last line was something to the effect of,
"and this is still the greatest nation in the world."

Thought I would offer a good one, since MOST of the rest are just plain STUPID.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN!
View Quote

hey! they may suck but what they say is the truth. ciggerettes will kill you and it is just plain freakin stupid to smoke em.

the most annoying commercials are the ones that last a really REALLY long time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That Burger King dancing chickens cartoon creeps me out for some weird reason...
View Quote

ROFLMAOWWRROTATOTNN!!!!

LOL
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Schnert's wife is right, that has got to be the worst commercial.  As soon as I read the first post on the thread that was the commercial that came to mind!  I thought that pop-locking shite went out in 1985!  

#2 Both of the buying drugs=supporting terrorism, especially the one that features the trunkfull of AK's.  With all of the stupid post-ban restrictions, what terrorist would want a weapon from the US!

#3 ANY commercial with that washed-up loser Jason Alexander, I hated him on Seinfeld, made the show totally unwatchable; cheered when his latest show tanked.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN!
View Quote

Smokers by chance?
View Quote

Naw, I just hate the way they push the message.  They remind me of the Anti's.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#26]
And what about that "Valtrex"(?) commercial?
You kno the one about herpes?
The chick on the boat has the look on her face that says "Yeah ,I just took the herps pill
and NOW i can get some booty!lolYUCKlol
I wonder if the guy she's with knew she had herps if he would still bang her.I THINK NOT!!
HERPES anyone???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#27]
You folks who don't live in the Pacific NorthWest and aren't OLD like me will never experience Tom Peterson knocking on your TV screen at 2:30AM and yelling "Wake up! Wake up!"

There were times I nearly shot my tv.  Tom Peterson was usually there during those times.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN!
View Quote

Smokers by chance?
View Quote

Not me, not ever.  I emailed those fucks with some suggestions and comments, but of course I never heard from them. Guess they didn't want to hear [size=6][red]therealtruth![/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#29]
The gateway com.....with the guy driving a frieghtliner....a cow in the rider side....and they`re both singing...."whip it good"..............yeah.....I`d like to shut the verizon guy up too....."can you hear me now?"......"YES WE HEAR YOU..M/F.....GET THE HELL OF THE AIRWAVES...YOU STUPID POOP!"....[frag]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#30]
What about ANY tampon / feminine hygiene product commercial.  Just what I want to see while watching the tube, sipping on some V8 and eating a slice of pizza... two biddies yappin' about their "flow"!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top