Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2011 5:19:05 PM EDT
Okay, so help me out here.

I really like this song, and I am listening to it right now.

I need some help finding more songs like it. I like the slow pace and the soft and loud notes throughout the song. I also like that it is just piano.

Does anybody know of other songs similar to this one?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I listen to alot of Chopin. I think most of it fits what you enjoy in terms of classical music. It's not all slow, though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Several years ago I picked up a CD called Beethoven at Bedtime, which is all pretty much along those lines.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'm gonna have to look into that.

I also looked up Chopin, and I liked the music for the most part, but some of it was a little more fast and upbeat than I wanted, but it was still good music.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
VIVALDI ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
oops cat clicked sumit

vivaldi 4 seasons,try that, then maybe  c.p.e. bach

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
VIVALDI ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

No piano though.  

I'd recommend any  Debussy, Clara Schumann, Liszt.  You might also want to check out the Bach Goldberg Variations and two-part inventions.  Keep in mind, the Baroque music (Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, etc) will be polyphonic and sound more "busy".
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks, I'm gonna have to look into that.

I also looked up Chopin, and I liked the music for the most part, but some of it was a little more fast and upbeat than I wanted, but it was still good music.

Thanks

I forgot to add that it's not just piano on that CD. But it's soft, mellow type classical.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Should be familiar from the Halo commercial.

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Keeping it close to home, George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue"
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
That is from Beethoven's early period when he was still in the classic tradition of the time.

Check out some of his piano works up to about 1802 and see what you like.

You should probably check out Debussy as well. His stuff was very very cool. It's not in the classic style, as its impressionist, but I think you'll like his music.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top