Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 10:02:50 AM EDT
No bashing intended, just stating the facts.  Here's the link.  Cut and paste, or my link friends can make it active.

http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-221802020030521-030524.html

Pretty good video.  Female LEO tries to arrest a large criminal.  Guy takes her gun, monk takes it from him and holds it on the guy.  Female LEO starts cuffing him and healthy woman helps pin him until he's completely subdued.  That man that was arrested shouldn't lift his head in prison.  I can hear it now, "I was in charge of the situation until the monk and that other woman showed up."  

No, really.  He's a monk.

jd1
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-221802020030521-030524.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Female LEO starts cuffing him and healthy woman helps pin him until he's completely subdued.
jd1
View Quote

Healthy woman?

And what is the deal with beached whales and super short shorts?  Also, why didn't the photographer join in?  Was he hoping to get a video of a guy shooting a cop?

I say hooray for the monk, all right for the cow and the photographer should go to jail!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking that's an in-car camera on the patrol car.

jd1
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
cool video

remember the guy who got arrested after saving his dog from a burning building?

this monk should face similar charges. he could have set the gun off killing the Officer when he grabbed it. In trying to do a professionals job, he put himself at danger and should face criminal charges.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
this monk should face similar charges. he could have set the gun off killing the Officer when he grabbed it. In trying to do a professionals job, he put himself at danger and should face criminal charges.
View Quote

Yes absalutley, also charge him with endangering anyone within say a mile or so because he could have potentially discharged the weapon and killed them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes absalutley, also charge him with endangering anyone within say a mile or so because he could have potentially discharged the weapon and killed them.
View Quote
[BS][BS][BS][BS][BS][BS]

Don't start .... [argue] but then again, I've decided to [peep] .  Odds are it'll become a [flame]

Oh well...[rolleyes]

(Don't you just love my new signature quote [:D])
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent! We had a local PD Officer who was getting his ass handed to him and a trucker came up and knocked the BG's lights out with a Mag Light. On the vid you see him cross in front of the cruiser with Mag Light in one hand, ciggarette in the other.

Truck drivers could not buy a ticket in my county for months!

Cudos to them!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...this monk should face similar charges. he could have set the gun off killing the Officer when he grabbed it. In trying to do a professionals job, he put himself at danger and should face criminal charges.
View Quote

LOL!... A very Imbroglioesque point of view.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#10]
He got that gun away pretty easily.  Lucky there were no fingers on the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as I'm concerned the officer needs to be suspended for allowing a civilian to remove her weapon from her posession.

She should have shot the black man before she allowed him to overpower her. She was negligent and needs re-training.

I know one of the MAJOR training points for Officers is to NEVER, EVER allow your weapon to be taken from you. Seems to me that the officer needs more training.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]
But, but the monk didn't have a background check, no cooling off period. No license or mental health exam. I thought unless you had all these you were simply a madman out to kill off random innocent victims.
I wonder if the monk will be charged with any weapons violations for this?

Hmm.. I guess an armed citizen population can do some good eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top