Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 11:31:40 PM EDT
Yep, my anti-gun mother has decided, with everything going on in the world, she wants me to teach her to shoot. Growing up, I wasn't even allowed to have a BB gun. I had them anyway, but mom never knew about it. Had to wait until I was 18 to get my 1st H&R single shot 12ga (OUCH!)

So, what kind of gun do you use to teach a 73 year old lady how to shoot?

I'm a CCW Instructor and I don't have a clue what she could handle.. I guess I could start with a .22 revolver and gradually go to a .38spl...

Anyone have any experience with teaching older folks how to shoot?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea start with a .22 cal.
Make sure she always feels comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. Start her with a .22 and move her up to something bigger. A .38 would be good. Just make sure she has the hand strength to shoot and manipulate the gun's functions. Some revolvers have a pretty stout trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top