User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 4:14:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Workers Accidentally Give Woman Bank Deposit Instead Of Bagel

POSTED: 8:53 a.m. EST December 19, 2003

WESTON, Fla. -- Janice Meissner got a lot more than breakfast at a McDonald's drive-through.

When the mother of three ordered a bagel and a Diet Coke at a local McDonald's, she thought the bag was a little heavy -- and she was right.

Her order-to-go had hundreds -- perhaps even thousands -- of dollars -- in a Ziplock bag.  

The money was the franchise's bank deposit. Workers had put it in a food bag to make it less conspicuous, but the bag was left a little too close to the drive-up window.

Meissner returned the money, and McDonald's is sending her a thank-you letter and $50 in gift certificates.
View Quote

Damn, Weston is right down the road from me.  I bet I know which one it was too, pass it every time I go out there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
$50?[lol]

I bet she regrets THAT!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What a idiot.

She could have gotten away with that $$$ and nobody would have known a thing.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It is called integrity.

A few thousand bucks isn't worth seelinjg your honor for.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What a idiot.

View Quote

She would have been just like that evil capitalist, Potter.  If she kept the money, the Bailey Savings and Loan would have folded and George Bailey would have gone to jail with a huge scandal!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By The_[red]Cheat[/red]:
What a idiot.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
A lousy stinking bank deposit bag full of a few hundred or thousand dollars is not enough to sell out and destroy the good name I have spent the last several decades building up.

Thirty+ million $$$ in a bag? Now we're talkin' [:D]

Every man has his price. Mine is too high for most.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A lousy stinking bank deposit bag full of a few hundred or thousand dollars is not enough to sell out and destroy the good name I have spent the last several decades building up.

Thirty+ million $$$ in a bag? Now we're talkin' [:D]

Every man has his price. Mine is too high for most.
View Quote

If it isn't for sale for a 1.00, then it ought not be for sale for any price.

It isn't a matter of degrees.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What a idiot.

View Quote

Nobody?

1.  She would know

2.  God, budha, the Lizard King, whoever you pray to - would know

3.  the employee that gets fired would know (that somebody kept it)
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My great grandma always used to tell me that if I ever go to jail or get caught stealing,  it better be for at least a million dollars or I will be in trouble with her.

I have taken her advice so far. (haven't seen a million dollars laying around lately)
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, they probably would have tracked her down from her license plate caught on the drive through video.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
What's important here is that McDonalds got their money back
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I think this lady deserves more than $50.  Add another zero and we're getting somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think this lady deserves more than $50.  Add another zero and we're getting somewhere.
View Quote

Especially more than $50 in freakin' gift certificates. Stingy bastards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially more than $50 in freakin' gift certificates. Stingy bastards.
View Quote

For real! They're lucky she even came back!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#18]
my honor and integrity are NOT for sale at any price. Once when i was a cub scout i was asked to guard an offering plate at some church meeting and i ended up stealing $2 myself! they never found out but my parents did. i later gave the $ back at another meeting (without telling a soul about my misdeed & thankfully my parents didnt bring it up) I regretted it NOT because my parents found out but because i realised that it was [i]wrong[/i]. I had taken advantage of peoples trust. they had trusted in my uniform and what it stood for, the values of which i was supposed to uphold. They had trusted me to be honest and i breeched that trust. I vowed that that will NEVER happen again and it WONT.

My beliefs and values are strong, I am not for sale!!! [:|]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
A story is told about George Bernard Shaw (I've also heard it of Winston Churchill, but this seems more GBS's style) that he was sitting next to a woman at a dinner party and asked her, "Madam, if I gave you a million pounds, would you have sexual intercourse with me?"

After some thought, the woman said yes, she thought she would. "Would you do it for a fiver?", Shaw then asked.

"Sir!" she exclaimed, "what kind of woman do you think I am?"

"I thought we had established that," said Shaw, "and we were merely haggling over the price."
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

[BS2]

That's just the system giving back.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

[BS2]

That's just the system giving back.

View Quote

MM8, perhaps if you are going to suggest dishonesty, you ought to remove the scripture from your sig line.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

There is a voluntary tax on stupidity.  It was Tax day at McDonalds and the lady who got the cash was the tax collector.  For some reason she decided to give them refund. Some may consider that to be her taking the moral high ground. I see it as a missed chance to teach a bunch of McDonalds employees that their careless actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MM8, perhaps if you are going to suggest dishonesty, you ought to remove the scripture from your sig line.
View Quote

[:D] As Chef Emeril Lagasse would say: [size=6][red][b]BAM!![/b][/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

screw my honor!
seriously though stealing is forbotten even a little in gods eye's. she might got away with it. but someway and somehow it will comeback
on you it always does.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't take the money, but I wouldn't look down on anyone who did.

Because:

1) The person who took it will get theirs from God.

2) The McDonald's employee has it coming for doing that, and McDonald's for employing an idiot.

I wouldn't take it because it is an immoral thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish there were more people in the world like that woman who returned the money. Don't sell your soul for cash.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

As much as I disagree with some of his other posts, this is just what I was thinking, and he put it better than I would have.

Also based on some of the other responses, AR15fan especially, none of you should EVER wonder why LEO's think the worst of people. Some of you will sell your honor, integrity, truthfulness, what ever you want to call it, at the first opportuinity that presents itself.

bottom feeders.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

There is a voluntary tax on stupidity.  It was Tax day at McDonalds and the lady who got the cash was the tax collector.  For some reason she decided to give them refund. Some may consider that to be her taking the moral high ground. I see it as a missed chance to teach a bunch of McDonalds employees that their careless actions have consequences.
View Quote

Are you serious??  You give no indication of humor, and I am appalled at what you said.  [:(]

[red]Is this some form of weird "California Situational Ethics"??[/red]  Keeping the money is STEALING--period.  There is no <> argument or discussion of this point.  I am saddened that AR15.com has several who freely admit to being thieves.  [V]

I would suggest those who frequent the EE take note of several who have posted in this thread.  [:(!]
View Quote

He did vote for McClintock
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What a idiot.

View Quote

With a user name like this...how could we possibly not have expected a comment like this [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is called integrity.

View Quote

View Quote

Are you serious??  
View Quote

Yes.

Other examples of the voluntary tax on stupid people are;

The lottery
high octaine gas
Vehicle burglaries of UNLOCKED vehicles
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

What about situations where your windows would be broken if it was locked?

I remember seeing one member post that they take out all valuables, and leave it unlocked - because otherwise their windows would be broken out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about situations where your windows would be broken if it was locked?

I remember seeing one member post that they take out all valuables, and leave it unlocked - because otherwise their windows would be broken out.
View Quote

95% of the thefts from vehicles, that we get,  involve unlocked vehicles, parked in public areas.

We get very few thefts from vehicles where the thief "breaks" into the vehicle.

We actually get more vandalisms that damage vehicles, than thefts from vehicles involving damage.

A local city just had a guy popped for an estimated 100 vehicle burgalries, and 30-40 house burglaries. He was walking around checking doors. If the house, or vehicle doors were unlocked he went in. If they were locked he moved on. He did this when there was snow on the ground, so the PD followed his tracks from car-car, house-house.

Generally that is a much more difficult thief to catch. If the cops find him he has no tools to force entry................

We just had a theft from car, purse, cell phone, and $1400 in cash taken from an unlocked vehicle on the street.

Recently we have also had several long gun thefts from unlcoked vehicles, people too lazy to take their deer guns back into the house, and too lazy to lock their vehicles.

I won't get into the car thefts that are unlocked vehicles, with the keys in them, parked in public areas. As a bonus many of those cars also have remotes for the garage door they are sitting in front of..........
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Makes sense to me, I always wondered if there was any truth to that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#36]
i would have taken it...but i would have eaten plenty of quarter-pounders as a thank you [:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top