Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 5:01:41 PM EDT
These oil companies buy oil extensively from the countries in the Middle East who support or harbor terrorists that attack either the US or Israel or both...

Exxon/Mobil
Chevron/Texaco
Marathon

The following companies buy little or no oil from the Middle East:

Citgo
Sunoco  
Conoco
Sinclair
Phillips
BP/Amoco
Shell
Diamond Shamrock

I hope people here will take this into account the next time they stop to buy gasoline, even if it means spending a few extra cents. Also please consider divesting any stocks and also destroying any credit cards you may hold from these companies.

This list is NOT all encompassing, other companies may be taking in Iraq oil in secret. It is a start.

Sources:[url]http://www.e-bski.org/special%20pages/oilcompanies.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/data/summary.html[/url]

The Middle East isn't the only source of oil in the world. Consumers, and especally American consumers must encourage compaines to avoid oil from that region.  Even though it is indirect, the money they pay those states DOES eventually support terrorists. Also you need to complain to these compaines ESPECIALLY those who do NOT buy oil from the Mid East, so they start buying to offset any sudden increases in business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
In reality, it does not matter which of these does or doesn't.  It is the US consumer who buys gas, plastic products, drugs, food grown with fertilizers, and anything else made from petroleum products, or transported with them.

WE buy those products.  A good portion ends up in the bank accounts of Saudi Arabians, who in turn give pennies to the families of suicide bombers.

If I were to buy only US produced oil, other people would end up buying Saudi oil instead.  It is all a world wide supply.  

What we really should do is call Saudi Arabi what they are, a terrorist country.

If you are calling on a boycott of certain oil companies, I think you misunderstand the worldwide economy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
These oil companies buy oil extensively from the countries in the Middle East who support or hrabor terrorists that attack either the US or Israel or both...

Exxon/Mobil
Chevron/Texico
Marathon
View Quote

Would you rather these companies go out of business or be forced to fire tens of thousands of American workers when they can't make their bottom line?

Now, who do they support?  
View Quote

Now you are the LAST person I would have expected to say crap like that. You know where they can go to get oil, your finding it for them in Kazakstan. They can move there.

If they go under- and given their published profits for the last year that is so unlikely I have to laugh- they have no one to blame but themselves for over concentrating in a unstable area.

American refinery workers could go to work for any of the other six companies that buy little or no oil from the mid east. US demand isn't going to go away, if people shift from Exxon/Mobile to, say, Conoco, Conoco will need more shifts and perhaps even more refineries. They will hire Exxon/Mobile workers and buy up their refineries. Or take them over entirely through a merger.

But the US MUST stop buying oil from Arab States at LEAST untill they agree to stop Islamic extremist terror. Even after, we should only use them to keep the former Soviet Asian republics honest in their dealings with us. They have to be taught that they can't attack their biggest customer with impunity.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In reality, it does not matter which of these does or doesn't.  It is the US consumer who buys gas, plastic products, drugs, food grown with fertilizers, and anything else made from petroleum products, or transported with them.

WE buy those products.  A good portion ends up in the bank accounts of Saudi Arabians, who in turn give pennies to the families of suicide bombers.

If I were to buy only US produced oil, other people would end up buying Saudi oil instead.  It is all a world wide supply.  

What we really should do is call Saudi Arabi what they are, a terrorist country.

If you are calling on a boycott of certain oil companies, I think you misunderstand the worldwide economy.
View Quote

No YOU dont understand. Look at that list again, Citco, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, and Phillips actually bought NO oil from the Mid East in FY 2000 and only token amounts in FY2001. The Middle East is far from the only source of oil, even cheap oil. Because it IS a world market.

You boycott some companies, patronize others exclusively and make sure that they know WHY your doing it and they will change where they get their oil. LET the EUROPEANS buy there if they want and screw themselves when our bombings interrupt their supplies. They are used to $5 gallon gas anyways.

But it won't get that far. [url]http://www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW - It's Texaco.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hay armd lib, I'm with you man.  Our consumption will not go down and neither will jobs!!!
 You let sales drop off 5%-10% of those arab oil buying companies and watch em see the light.  Arab oil should be a secondary source for oil  for the US.  And when Saudia Arabia loses several billion $ a yr you'll see them loppeing off some terrorists heads.  
 Yea it'll take a few years, but it's dam time we started.
 Word will go out to my family this weekend, and they will not be any Allens buying any arab oil if we can help it.
 Thanks for puting this list out mam.  JB
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BTW - It's Texaco.
View Quote

Whoops![:o]

Hey, why didn't you remind me I spelled "harbor" wrong too?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey, why didn't you remind me I spelled "harbor" wrong too?
View Quote

I didn't read your post.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Reload
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#10]
hmmm... I dont think that will work but whatever. I think I might have a shell within 25 miles of me ive never heard of the others
also off topic but Isnt Texaco and Chevron the same company or parent company? thats what ive heard
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
also off topic but Isnt Texaco and Chevron the same company or parent company? thats what ive heard
View Quote

That is why they are written with a slash, Exxon/Mobil and Chevron/Texaco are both the product of mergers within the last two years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The apathy here is overwhelming...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top