Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 4:59:01 AM EDT
They are giving news coverage to this crap , and they showed a wall with different weapons that they considered evil, that included regular bolt Rifles, shotguns, etc. They have no freaking ideas other than getting them all banned.  

Then the news followed up coverage with news on a shooting at a school in maryland. They failed to mention it was basically gang activity.

But I can see their point. Had Iraq had an assault weapons ban, we wouldnt be having problems anymore.  I guess they think if we are ever attacked, we should just bow down to our attackers.

All of that so their pot smoking kids who are raised by the TV and X Box  wont kill each other.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
from HNN:
"Thousands of women will be attending the MILLION MOM MARCH..."
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Here in Maryland, they had some MMM talking heads on the local news saying that if we don't renew the AWB that floods of AK-47's and UZI's would return to the streets.

I was screaming at my TV so loud that I almost passed out!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
from HNN:
"Thousands of women will be attending the MILLION MOM MARCH..."

Yeah, I just saw that a bit ago.  They then cut to the inside of a gun shop and scanned across various rifles and shotguns on the wall, only one of which looked "assault rifley."  The last cut they showed some AK looking gun on top of a glass cabinet (didn't see the rifle that well, but it had a bipod so it had to be a streetsweeper).  

Million Mom March, bahh!

Do you actually know someone who was the victim of a gun?  I knew a guy that was murdered by a criminal with a stolen gun.  An old friend of mine who was participating in some not so good activities was murdered for less than $10.00 by a crack dealer and his cronies.  When they finally  caught up to him the cops found the gun and sure enough it was stolen.  

His mother did not blame the gun, it was the asshole that stole and then used it.  That's called reality, and unfortunately there are a lot of assholes in reality and a few thousand million mom marchers that aren't following reality.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
MMM is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of....
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here in Maryland, they had some MMM talking heads on the local news saying that if we don't renew the AWB that floods of AK-47's and UZI's would return to the streets.

Get this: Every single time some anti mentions the upcoming sunset of the AWB, they ALWAYS mention AK-47s and UZIs.

It's like they are ALL talking from the exact same script.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
they had some MMM talking heads on the local news saying that if we don't renew the AWB that floods of AK-47's and UZI's would return to the streets.

wooohoooo! AK 47's and Uzi's! will M16's be on every street corner too?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get this: Every single time some anti mentions the upcoming sunset of the AWB, they ALWAYS mention AK-47s and UZIs.

Its because they dont know anything about what they're talking about.  Many of them probably couldn't tell the difference in an UZI and a MAC10 or a Cobray M11, they just parrot what everyone else says.

Not to mention UZIs are banned under earlier legislation.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they had some MMM talking heads on the local news saying that if we don't renew the AWB that floods of AK-47's and UZI's would return to the streets.

one can hope, young padi-wan.

TXL

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its because they dont know anything about what they're talking about.  Many of them probably couldn't tell the difference in an UZI and a MAC10 or a Cobray M11, they just parrot what everyone else says.

Not to mention UZIs are banned under earlier legislation.

Don't give them that much credit.  I know plenty of gun owners that don't know the difference.  Plenty of gun owners reply with "an AR-what?"  If it's black it is evil.  That's all the dumbasses know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Returning to the street?  Why did they ever leave??
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]

I'd love to see a dozen or so people with big signs and flyers of this to counter-protest these suicidally-stupid gun-grabbing IDIOTS!

BTW... notice the little baby near the center of the bottom pic, trying to crawl away.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't you hear?  You'll be able to buy them at your local 7-11 with no background checks because of the 'convenience store loophole' too!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#13]
On a more positive note, yesterday I ordered a pre-ban Bushy M4gery upper, complete with bayonet lug and flash hider. I got a telescoping stock a while ago. I want to beat the rush. Mwhaaa-ha-ha.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Million Mom March....
Nifty bit of alliteration but how many"Million Moms" are there nationally? Several thousand tops? Are there any reliable figures available?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#15]
The news media will get their dues for over-hyping the "million moron march," a lot of people regard them in terms of truthfullness, right up there with the used car salesman.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Million MOM March

Yea yea, millions, sure.. Well, if they want to use inaccurate numbers to describe their group, we should form a group and do the same.. We'll be the hundred-member-strong party "Google Gun-nut Group!"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Those pictures, however true and pertinent, are very disturbing.

My heart breaks for those people. It truly does.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#18]
If the million man march was held the same day, how many rapes would there be of these defenseless million mom march women?

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
members.cox.net/the-macallan/MacsPics2/1stMMM.gif

I'd love to see a dozen or so people with big signs and flyers of this to counter-protest these suicidally-stupid gun-grabbing IDIOTS!

BTW... notice the little baby near the center of the bottom pic, trying to crawl away.

A bump just to remind people what can happen when the gubberments war machine outgrows itself and a madman is at the wheel.

Thanks for posting Mac!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#20]
From my news ticker:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nick Wilcox wore a button with a picture of his late daughter and spoke of the satisfaction of joining other gun-control advocates Sunday at a rally to urge renewal of a federal ban on assault weapons.

``It's always gratifying to be with kindred spirits, and that's what this is,'' said Wilcox, whose 18-year-old daughter, Laura, was one of two workers at a mental health department office in California shot to death in 2001 by a patient.

The assailant used a 9mm semiautomatic handgun with an illegal 30-round clip, Wilcox said. ``I don't believe assault weapons belong on our streets. If people want to play with such tools, they should join the military,'' said Wilcox, who came from Nevada County, Calif., with his wife, Amanda, for the second ``Million Mom March.''

The demonstration, attended by about 2,000 people, was much smaller than the original one, which took place on Mother's Day four years ago.

Speakers at the ``Halt the Assault'' rally reminded the crowd to ``Remember November!'' as they spoke mainly of a need to renew a ban on assault rifles that is to expire Sept. 13.

``We are working very hard in Iraq to get AK-47s off the street, to get Uzis off the streets. The president says we're fighting the war on terror by doing that,'' said Rep. Chris van Hollen, D-Md. ``What about the terror right here on our streets at home.''

He also decried a provision in the law that critics contend allows owners of legal firearms to replace the housing for the firing mechanism and turn them into illegal assault weapons. He tied the loophole to October 2002 sniper attacks that killed 10 people in van Hollen's Maryland district, Virginia and the District of Columbia.

``We need to close that loophole, because real bullets that killed real people went through those loopholes,'' van Hollen said.

Another Democratic representative, Carolyn McCarthy of New York's Long Island, urged people to volunteer to spread the word about the expiring assault weapons ban. McCarthy's husband was among six people killed and her son was one of 19 wounded in a 1993 shooting spree aboard a Long Island Rail Road commuter train.

``We don't want to come back here on Mother's Day again. We want to be with our families and loved ones,'' McCarthy said. ``Let's do it. Let's make it permanent.''

Lets see how many they claim now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sorry but that line there made me laugh so hard I almost passed out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Those stupid women make me ashamed.  I hope that nobody will ever lump me in with those mindless morons.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
On a more positive note, yesterday I ordered a pre-ban Bushy M4gery upper, complete with bayonet lug and flash hider. I got a telescoping stock a while ago. I want to beat the rush. Mwhaaa-ha-ha.

Gee, my prebans all have flash suppressors.  I have never seen an AR15 type rifle with a flash hider on it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Million MOM March

Yea yea, millions, sure.. Well, if they want to use inaccurate numbers to describe their group, we should form a group and do the same.. We'll be the hundred-member-strong party "Google Gun-nut Group!"

For credibility we should stick to a more realistic number, like "The Multi-Billion Firearms Advocates."
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Million MOM March

How many are actually mothers?  I am not talking about fat bitches like Rosie who adopt children into their fucked up world.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Don't give them that much credit.  I know plenty of gun owners that don't know the difference.  Plenty of gun owners reply with "an AR-what?"  If it's black it is evil.  That's all the dumbasses know.

I was at a toy show a few weeks ago and I was talking for about half an hour to a dealer selling RRA.  Just in those 30 minutes, 3 different middle age guys came up to the table and asked if they were legal and what kind of permits were needed to own one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
NRA NEWS  Go here for the real scoop on the MMM!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's the blurb from the CNN(Communist News Network), check out the image that makes it look like there was a lot of people present. Notice CNN didn't discuss the number of participants at the rally?
==================================================================================

www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/09/gun.control.rally.ap/index.html

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/South/05/09/gun.control.rally.ap/vert.rally.1.ap.jpg
Denise Seton, left, and her daughter Victoria Wilson hold photos of Victoria's 13-year-old friend who was killed in a school shooting.

Rally urges renewal of assault weapons ban

Sunday, May 9, 2004 Posted: 6:41 PM EDT (2241 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nick Wilcox wore a button with a picture of his late daughter and spoke of the satisfaction of joining other gun-control advocates Sunday at a rally to urge renewal of a federal ban on assault weapons.

"It's always gratifying to be with kindred spirits, and that's what this is," said Wilcox, whose 19-year-old daughter, Laura, was one of two workers at a mental health department office in California shot to death in 2001 by a patient.

The assailant used a 9mm semiautomatic handgun with an illegal 30-round clip, Wilcox said. "I don't believe assault weapons belong on our streets. If people want to play with such tools, they should join the military," said Wilcox, who came from Nevada County, California, with his wife, Amanda, for the second "Million Mom March."

The demonstration, attended by about 2,000 people, was much smaller than the original one, which took place on Mother's Day four years ago.

Speakers at the "Halt the Assault" rally reminded the crowd to "Remember November!" as they spoke mainly of a need to renew a ban on assault rifles that is to expire September 13.

"We are working very hard in Iraq to get AK-47s off the street, to get Uzis off the streets. The president says we're fighting the war on terror by doing that," said Rep. Chris van Hollen, D-Maryland. "What about the terror right here on our streets at home."

He also decried a provision in the law that critics contend allows owners of legal firearms to replace the housing for the firing mechanism and turn them into illegal assault weapons. He tied the loophole to October 2002 sniper attacks that killed 10 people in van Hollen's Maryland district, Virginia and the District of Columbia.

"We need to close that loophole, because real bullets that killed real people went through those loopholes," van Hollen said.

Another Democratic representative, Carolyn McCarthy of New York's Long Island, urged people to volunteer to spread the word about the expiring assault weapons ban. McCarthy's husband was among six people killed and her son was one of 19 wounded in a 1993 shooting spree aboard a Long Island Rail Road commuter train.

"We don't want to come back here on Mother's Day again. We want to be with our families and loved ones," McCarthy said. "Let's do it. Let's make it permanent."
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't matter what  they do.  I have made my choices based on the basic principle that this is a country where the government works for the people, not the other way around.  These assholes and a lot like them would have us chasing our tails and worrying about every little thing they say or do.

As far as I'm concerned, the AWB has already set.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Can  any of you non-firearms experts explain this to me or should I just go ahead and email HCI/VPC?

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Can  any of you non-firearms experts explain this to me or should I just go ahead and email HCI/VPC?

I think that he is talking about the ease of removal of the upper reciever on the AR.

But I guess that he didn't know that it's illegal to put a pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower (until sept 15th!!!).

I wish that I didn't go to work today.

I would have had a sigh that said : "I'll stay out of your vagina if you stay out of my gun locker!"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If you have a pre-ban, and the receiver is irreparably damaged, the manufacturer can send you a replacement receiver (destroying the old one). The replacement lower is legally a pre-ban. Other than the fact that each is  part of the lie of an enemy of freedom, this practice and the Muslim DC Sniper shootings are entirely unrelated.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#33]

"We are working very hard in Iraq to get AK-47s off the street, to get Uzis off the streets. The president says we're fighting the war on terror by doing that," said Rep. Chris van Hollen, D-Maryland. "What about the terror right here on our streets at home."

They have UZIs in Iraq? I haven't heard of any.. I thought muslims would be against using a machine of the Jews (Israelis)
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I find it ironic tht they are trying to get the AWB renewed, but every single "tragic" death or event they cite as proof that the AWB is needed was committed with a pistol/handgun. The only one they mention that used a rifle was the two asshat DC snipers.  I just shows they haven't got a clue.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here's the blurb from the CNN(Communist News Network), check out the image that makes it look like there was a lot of people present. Notice CNN didn't discuss the number of participants at the rally?
==================================================================================

SLAM THAT POLL!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#36]

The assailant used a 9mm semiautomatic handgun with an illegal 30-round clip, Wilcox said. "I don't believe assault weapons belong on our streets. If people want to play with such tools, they should join the military," said Wilcox, who came from Nevada County, California, with his wife, Amanda, for the second "Million Mom March."

#1.  they are not illegal
#2.  if they were illegal, what did the ban on 30rd mags accomplish? NOT A DAMN THING.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
NRA NEWS  Go here for the real scoop on the MMM!

Where can this be found on the site?  The only thing I get is the dude at the mic talking, no Anti's being interviewed.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SLAM THAT POLL!!!!!

Damn, good luck catching up on that one. I hit it, but damn, me thinks the mommies or DU got to that one already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top