User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 8:52:32 PM EDT
What is meant by the term "click"?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
"Klik" is cool slang for kilometer in vietnam war movies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A sound a rifle makes when you try to fire it without a round in the chamber.

A group of individuals that share a common interest.

or

what Paul and Axel said. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It's alright as a verbal abbreviation but in written form it loses usefullness.

Klik = 4 keystrokes

km = 2 keystrokes

Viper Out
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what Paul and Axel said. [:D]
View Quote

mwaaaaaa hahhahahahaaaaaa!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's alright as a verbal abbreviation but in written form it loses usefullness.

Klik = 4 keystrokes

km = 2 keystrokes

Viper Out
View Quote

How about "land line," meaning the TA-312 field phones? You'd hear someone at the battery CP say "get on the Lima Lima and tell the platoons that _____." But "Lima Lima" is 4 syllables and "land line" is only 2, so why use it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I suspect that "Lima Lima" must be used exclusively by people who are trying to sound "professional." I never once heard the land-line called that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Lima Charly -- Loud and clear
Liken Chicken--Loud and clear
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#10]
NH2112
I think that was an army thing they are always trying to make up acronyms.  We always referred to it as the "hooks" or gun loop/line.  The TA-312 from the XO pit to the FDC was always the bat phone though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#11]
At work we call the big bosses office the 'bat cave'.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Note that the Japanese army used the term "crik" to refer to a kilometer, as in:

"You go 10 criks down load, past Ichy Ban, den light turn, nudda 2 criks to Wock n Woll Crub."
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Note that the Japanese army used the term "crik" to refer to a kilometer, as in:

"You go 10 criks down load, past Ichy Ban, den light turn, nudda 2 criks to Wock n Woll Crub."
View Quote

[>Q]       Too F&*%in' funny!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I suspect that "Lima Lima" must be used exclusively by people who are trying to sound "professional." I never once heard the land-line called that.
View Quote

Well, officers (no offense STLRN!), especially staff officers, and the NCOs who spent too much time around staff officers seemed to be the worst offenders LOL. At platoon level it was mostly referred to as just "the field phone."
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[>Q]       Too F&*%in' funny!!!!
View Quote

I rike it!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#16]
What I hated is that the Navy had to codify all the commonsense spoken abbreviations - the anal bastards - and mutate them into clumsy acronyms easily misheard on sound powered phones.

The Hi-pac became the HP air compressor.  Easily confused with LP air compressor (the Low-pac).

There are others, but it was a while ago.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#17]
A "click" in the Corps is also a change in the amount of windage on the rifle.

"Go to 8/3 (eight- three), and the wind is picking up-- go three clicks left."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top