Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:38:30 AM EDT
Kindly post picutres, that you have taken personally, of the places you have been, things you have done, and stuff you have seen, while in the military. And not to be a hypocrate, here are some of mine...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Afghansitan 2001.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
great pictures, thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted all these before in a thread itself.  I've taken these pics from my time in the Marine Corps.

These pics range from Jan 03 until present time.  Hope you all enjoy.

What an AssHat!

Highway 6 SE of Baghdad

This was in front of a school.  Inside was 5000 57mm rounds and 1000's of Mortar rounds ranging from 60 to 120mm.

These guys lived.  Two were wounded.  Rpg hit an external fuel tank causing it to burn.
ETA:  Thanks for an update by a member.  One was wounded in this tank.  Another Marine was killed in the same area but from another tank.

This round flew into Baghdad in support of 1stBn5th Marines.

Our Range Fan on or around April10,2003

OFF to Thailand we go.

GHN-45.  This thing can shoot 50KM.  Our best one shoots 30KM.

USS Harpers Ferry

USS Juneau

Liaison Team in Korea.

Pistol Training on USS Essex

R&R

To all those who have been to Pattaya, Thailand.  Hope this brings back some memories.

Thanks for Looking.

Semper Fi,
RS
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]

I hate seven legged spiders

Check out the name.

Found this in Dywaniah, Iraq.  I think I spelled that right.

These things suck.  

Check out the name of the tube of these two tanks.

Some more pics.... Ok I'll stop now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Here are some that I took when I got to go for a ride in a F-15E.

That's the Grand Canyon in these next two.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
My pics goofing off in California, Texas and Georgia probably wouldn't be too interesting. However, let me see if I can dig up and scan the pics I took of my month in Jordan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, CENTCOM, the guy on the right in your first pic, is that the same guy in the lower pic? He looks like a friend of mine who's a contrcter, he was there same timeframe....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
First pic, guy all the way to right is me, last pic is Drew Carey on Navy chopper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First pic, guy all the way to right is me, last pic is Drew Carey on Navy chopper.

lol, guess not then! Thanks for doing what your doing, btw.

And now gratuitous pics from the late 1980's...

North Korean propaganda...

Folding the colors. North Korea in the background. We considered it an honor to fold the flag in full view of the Stalinist thugs......

NKPA Guard Post 219

Patrolling the DMZ. What a happy time.......

Ma Deuce.......

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
those are some fantastics pictures, thanks very much for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Year 5, SSG, Rhine-Luzon DZ, 1988.

Year 15, SFC, St. Mere Eglise DZ, 1998.

Year 20, MSG, Korea, 2003.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders;

Another with Drew Carey;
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Desert Storm 1991

Germany 1985

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a bunch more than this, this just happens to be what is on my photobucket account right now.

After getting sprayed with OC -

Suicide Cliffs, Okinawa Japan -

Suicide Cliffs, Okianwa Japan -

Peace Park, Okinawa -

MCT, Camp Pendleton (January, 2002) -

Asshole of the Earth (29 Palms) -

View from my barracks window, Camp Foster, Okinawa Japan -

Thats it for now.  Got hundreds on the hard drive though, just dont feel like uploading them right now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#17]
A few pics of Gen Honore's Hummer when I drove for him in the 1CAV.  He is the guy you see on the news coordinating the relief effort in Louisiana.

Commo equipment, we had three SINGARS a MARSAT, Plugger and other stuff, all of which I had to keep running and encrypted, talk about pain in the a@@.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
here are some of mine...

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Adair_USMC,

I lived in a barracks right in that immediate area back in 1993.

I have thousands of slides over twenty years, but very few prints of anything.

Here's Iwo Jima, circa 1983

From the window of a CH-46

On the ground

Artifacts
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Darkstar:

Were the pics of the bombed hangars taken in Kuwait?  They look familiar.   I forget the name of the base, but I spent a couple of days there waiting to be transferred to PSAB, SA.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Darkstar:

Were the pics of the bombed hangars taken in Kuwait?  They look familiar.   I forget the name of the base, but I spent a couple of days there waiting to be transferred to PSAB, SA.  

Those pictures are of Ali As Salem, Kuwait. Spent the summer there. Fortunatly for everyone, they closed PSAB, but I still can not understand why they closed Al Jaber (which was a very nice base), and re-opened Al Salem (which sucked the fatty).
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Was Ali As Salem right near Kuwait City?  If so, that's the base I was at before PSAB.  I flew into Kuwait City & the distance to the base was a short drive by truck.  I'm drawing a blank on Kuwait base names, so even if Ali As Salem is the right one it's not ringing any bells for me.  

From Kuwait I took a C130 to the Navy base in Bahrain, spent a day there, then off to Saudi.  

PSAB wasn't so bad when I was there.  The tents were nice & air conditioned, so I had nothing to complain about (except the showers & latrines were a HIKE from the tent).  Right as I was leaving, they were closing the tent city and moving everyone into the newly-built base a few miles away.  

I'll see if I can find some pics to post from there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top