Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 10:29:42 AM EDT
Anyone a member? Worth it? They have a few seemingly nice AR and rifle books.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My beef is with their ad copy.  A few months ago, their advertisement had a picture of an M16 type rifle, but they printed the image backward, making it look like a left-handed rifle (maybe there's a market for this...hmmm).  Their new ad is even worse.  I shows a hand gripping an M16-like lower, fingers curled around the grip, and right index finger on the magazine release button.  An arrow pointing to the button says something like "Safety off!!"  Jeesh. I'd figure that some RKI at the company would be reviewing the ad copy before they run it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard any of those "club" type book organizations are part of our anti-gun friends at Time Magazine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I was a member. I quit over the hassle of having a book shipped to me every month, weter I wanted to or not. I even filled out the forms NOT to send me books.

I was easier to buy the books at the bookstore.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I once belonged, bought the agreed amount of books from them, then I wanted to quit,called them told them they kept sending me books, called them again,told them again, this time it got through, they then started sending me their catalogs, and little notes wanting me to come back, sometimes twice a month,for about 2 years,I moved, they did'nt find me for about 3 years, About six months ago, guess what shows up in the mail? Yup, they're back! now they send me their shit every couple of months,(it goes right into the trash)As was pointed out alot of their books are cheaply bound, printed, I'd stay away from them, they're a waste of time, money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Like the guys are saying....any club is pretty much the same.....only thing that bothered me was that if you fail to respond on time, they send you what they want....of course that`s my fault and they tell you that up front.....the selection is good.....they don`t seem to be TOO pushy...but if you join....stay on top of the orders/payments......only reason I quit is that my last payment to them crossed the mail with a threat letter....after more than 2 years of good business...I did not appreciate a threat letter....(nor do from anyone)....I`m busy, NOT a deadbeat......so as far as I`m concerned...they`re done.........[:)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I am also a member. no problems here. Decent selection, decent price. And allows me to build my "library" without getting add dudded up and driving into the bookstore where I see all kinds of liberal freaks. Where also, I have to order half the books I want and get those "funny looks" from the 20 something cashiers. The Military Book club also has a web site and I just log on once a month and tell them I don't want the monthly book. makes it easy.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Good price, but the books are cheaply made.

I joined them about 15 or 16 years ago because they where offering some books on W.W.II German
military hardware and I was building my reference library ( I build scale models, mostly armor ).

After getting some books that I didn't ask for or want, I dumped them after 3 months. To this day, I still get
there F**KING junk in the mail!

And as if that wasn't enough, now there CALLING me on the phone!!
                                           [soapbox]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
im a member and i don't get monthly books anymore. after sending back dozens of books they finaly sent along a note saying somthing about a new policy stating that books would only be sent if ordered.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
actually I like walking up to the counter with those little liberal snots and putting a pile of military books down. as a 16 year old buying books like history of navy seals in vietnam, sog, black hawk down, tom clancy books(especially his guided tour series), and others you get some great "okay you wanna buy this" looks. just reminds them that they're losing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top