Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:56:01 PM EDT

not exactly, but....

Well you USED to be able to get good pricing on Midway with an FFL , now it seems on anything that I want to order the price is only about 3-4 CENTS different between normal and "dealer" price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what you are looking at, but

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=271183

is $19.99 with the dealer discount.

33% of is pretty good where I come from, and pays for 1/3 of my C&R in one shot.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Not fair without specifying what it is. Small items won't have much of a discount, and I've noticed MAP items tend to have small or no discount.(but that is common at most places anyway)
And I have to say I have noticed that Midway's discount is smaller than other places on some things, made that much worse by their already higher prices. Hence my tendency to order from Brownell's on many items.
I ordered my UBR from AIM because it was the same price everywhere, and even with the small discount you might get somewhere the penny shipping still brought it way put in the lead. So stop hbitching about not getting as much money off as you thought you should and shop smarter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=783573

$24.99 w/o discount, $21.49 with discount

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
now it seems on anything that I want to order the price is only about 3-4 CENTS different between normal and "dealer" price.

Sounds the same as always to me.

The discount has always varied from item to item, with some items (mainly those that are typically NOT for resale, like certain equipment/tools) having none at all.

And Brownells typically has had (and continues to have) better discounts overall. It's just that Midway stocks several categories of items that Brownells doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Why does this thread title not surprise me, the same weekend that I finally received my C&R, LOL
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
What are some of the places where one can get the greatest discounts with a C&R? Specifically on reloading items.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have bought a shit ton of stuff over the years from them, and the discounted stuff does vary greatly.  

I have seen single items that were over $100 discounted.  I will forgive a thing or two here and there that doesn't amount to much, as I don't see why they have to give me a discount at all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate their web site so much I only use Brownell's now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Every Midway bash thread fizzles out or ends in abject failure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top