Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:28:21 PM EDT
I'm always a sucker for a snappy label, and "Old Scratch" got me good.

Microbrews always taste like someone filtered them through a sandbag full of manure. YUCK!!!

I'm stickin' to Coors from now on.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
tastes like crap?

laughable coming from a coors drinker
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The only real microbrews are from Oregon.

Terminal Gravity rules all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
In before the "you just don't know what's good" cops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

no you arent
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
People drink this kind of shit to be trendy, cuz there's no way in hell you could actually enjoy the taste of this garbage.

Dead Guy ALe - shitty
Blue Moon - shitty
Pete's Wicked Red - shitty

These are just the ones I've tried this weekend. NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Just like anything else. Some are good, some are crap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no you arent

Dammit!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I only drink Bud Light in cans.

Somebody told me it was a microbrew, so it must be good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just like anything else. Some are good, some are crap.

It's all crap.  

Specially this Vermont crap called Magic Hat!    I have never spit beer out of my mouth before til I tasted this incredibly foul beverage.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Try Samuel Adams Boston and Pale Ales, you will not like them if you are into the Coors and Bud thing but if you appreciate a good beer you will like.  The Boston Ale has a kind of fruity taste that I'm sure is atributed to the yeast and the Pale Ale has a hopped up flavor that is not as intense as an IPA.

Hell make your own, alot of people do myself included, have a couple of gallons of homemade Muscadine wine aging now and am fixing to start a batch of Irish Red Ale.

Being in and drinking European beer has given me a true apprecitian for fine beers, Belgians are kick ass but are totally unlike the typical run of the mill Americian lagers. American beers tend to be light and crisp everything else is much more complex.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i wouldn't exactly call coors beer.

Hell, you can hardly call it water!

Mmmmmmm. Betty Belligerent Brown... OG 1.080----FG 1.005 78 IBU's.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i live a few minutes from coors, and from the smell of the plant it might as well be sewage.

ETA: there is also a bud plant not too far away, nice place
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#15]
[Denis Leary] So I walk into this bar.  looks like an Irish bar.  There's a bartender, behind the bar.

Leary: Hey, how about a couple of Budweisers for me and my friends.
Bartender: Well I can't do that.
Leary: Why not?
Bartender: Because this is a microbrewery
Leary: Ohh, Ok.  Well why don't you go in the back and microbrew me up some fucking Budweiser right now becuase this is Amreica and I am very thristy![Denis Leary]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a cream stout and a Bock ale in the ferminters now, and the Peach Chardonay turned out real good.
Canned brews are flat tasting to me, coors is water down crap.
Bud and Bud light give me heartburn, but I can make the knock off home brew that is supposed to be the same and it doesn't
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Try Samuel Adams Boston and Pale Ales, you will not like them if you are into the Coors and Bud thing but if you appreciate a good beer you will like.  The Boston Ale has a kind of fruity taste that I'm sure is atributed to the yeast and the Pale Ale has a hopped up flavor that is not as intense as an IPA.

Hell make your own, alot of people do myself included, have a couple of gallons of homemade Muscadine wine aging now and am fixing to start a batch of Irish Red Ale.

Being in and drinking European beer has given me a true apprecitian for fine beers, Belgians are kick ass but are totally unlike the typical run of the mill Americian lagers. American beers tend to be light and crisp everything else is much more complex.

Chimay Red is as close to perfect as you can get. The Trappists are some beer makin' mofo's fo' sho'
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
People drink this kind of shit to be trendy, cuz there's no way in hell you could actually enjoy the taste of this garbage.

Dead Guy ALe - shitty
Blue Moon - shitty

Ok you are wrong, Blue Moon is not a Micro Brew.

You are used to watered down American macrobrews.

The average American Beer Drinker is used to Watery Beer.

Anything other than what they are used to and they call it crap.

Blue Moon is an unfilter Wheat Ale, which is very refreshing and tasty.

I like Beer with Flavor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Some of the best micro brewed beer comes out of Cave Creek AZ. Crazy Ed's makes some real good beer. I'm not talking about the Chili beer!!!
They have two that are excellent.
Big Horn Bock which is 10 to 12 percent and Ocotillio Amber.
Both are great tasting and are high alcohol content.
My buddies and I went there last weekend and I am sitting here drinking one of them right now.
I agree with most replies here. I've tried many micro brews and most of the ones I've tried were'nt very good.
The two I mentioned, though , are real good.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
well, i didnt like the S/W sigma.. it was crap.. therefor ALL handguns are CRAP.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
well, i didnt like the S/W sigma.. it was crap.. therefor ALL handguns are CRAP.

That is some good thinking.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've tried quite a few.  They usually remind me of the big brand named beers - nothing really special.

That is, until I went to Fredricksburg, TX.  I went to a beer garten on Main St.   There, I had one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

If you can't find a beer of their's you like then you've probably endured a tongue scalding accident sometime during your life.        

+1, even I have been to the Fredricksberg beer garten
Beer is only "good" when you can chew on it, and coors ain't beer.

ed; And I'm an original stock owner in the Mendicino Brewing Company.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Specially this Vermont crap called Magic Hat!

Agreed, Magic Hat sucks. We have a beer fest every year on the waterfront in Burlington where all the microbreweries give out samples of their beer. There were maybe two brews out of about thirty that were remotely drinkable.

Thanks, but I'll stick to Guinness.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1

If I was on fire and somebody tried to pour Coors on me to put out the flames, I would tell the to "let me burn".
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Coors - when you don't really like beer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Dead Guy ALe - shitty
Blue Moon - shitty

No, Dead Guy Ale and Blue Moon are fucking tits.  You don't like how they taste because you've been drinking yellow water instead of beer your whole life.

Dammit, I wasted post 1911 on that
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Coors - when you don't really like beer.

Amen. That shit is not beer!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Budweiser
Newcastle
Bass

There's tons of good beers.  Some American mass-produced beers are good for what they are.  They're light and refreshing and don't suck your face up with hops and are good really cold.  Micros are more for sipping and enjoying, more of a hedonist thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Coors = "Canoe Beer"

Like makeing love in a canoe.......fucking next to water.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Coors = "Canoe Beer"

Like makeing love in a canoe.......fucking next to water.

That is funny.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]
If you want to try a really good beer, pick up a case of Spaten Optimator.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#33]
My approach to beer, what little I drink these days -

Looks like beer, smells like beer, cold, and tastes like beer.  Beer is good.  Beer is probably devinely inspired.

Beer is like sex.  Even when it's bad, it's ...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you want to try a really good beer, pick up a case of Spaten Optimator.

www.spatenusa.com/3_products/3_1_prod_spectrum/3_1_1_produkt/images/optimator.jpg

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#35]
The only way Coors is good is if it is ice cold and I am thirsty as hell.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#37]

You guys are funny.

If you really like the taste of Coors, then of course you'll dislike most any good beer.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Everyone knows that the best beers in America are made at Victory Brewery. Hop Devil IPA, Storm King Russian Imperial Stout, and so on. They can't be beat when it comes to ale.
Pilsner Urquel is the best Pilsener I've ever had.
Orval, Chimay, Rochefort, or any other Trappist ale will send your tastebuds on a magical journey of happiness.

I would reccomend you try Warsteiner. It is waaaaaayy better than Coors or Bud, and is close enough in style that it won't scare you away. It's not such a dramatic change. That was the beer I used to introduce people to new kinds of beer. Never failed to impress. I have some fond memories of drinking a gigantic mug of Warsteiner in a beir garten in Germany on several occasions. I like Bittburger better, but Warsteiner Dunkel is pretty damn tasty after a long day of touring around.

I agree that Blue Moon is a sub par wheat beer. I wasn't impressed with it. It's made by Coors brewing Co. after all, so I don't know what I expected. If want to try a real wheat beer have a Maisel's Weiss, or a Weihenstephan Heffe Weissen.  Those are impossible to top.

Prost!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The only real microbrews are from Oregon.

Terminal Gravity rules all.

pfft, try the Four Peaks Brewing Co. Kilt Lifter Ale......

their Oatmeal Stout makes the best damn milkshake on the planet!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck Beer .

Drink Bourbon

SG
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Fuck Beer .

Drink Bourbon

SG

I think we've all just been owned!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Blue Moon is a Coors product and Pete's Wicked Ale is done by Bud. Neither are nowhere near a micro brew.  Also, a micro brewery is under 15,000 bbls a year.   I think most people would be hard pressed to give 4-5 micros from across the country, without looking it up.

Pilsner Urquel is the best Pilsener I've ever had.
Orval, Chimay, Rochefort, or any other Trappist ale will send your tastebuds on a magical journey of happiness.

This is a pretty spot on bit of info.  Also, Don't forget Rodenbach, Stella Artois and Duvel.

USA breweries that rock:

Anderson Valley
Dechutes
New Belgium <---  Their Trippell is excellent

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Dead Guy ALe - shitty
Blue Moon - shitty

Some people actually like the tase of beer. Unfortunately major brand beers are watered down and pretty flavorless. Granted most microbrews are piss in a bottle desiged to lure in the trendy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chimay Red is as close to perfect as you can get. The Trappists are some beer makin' mofo's fo' sho'

+10,00000000

Chimay is the perfect beer. Want a close second in American brewing? Ommegang does a damn good job.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

i don't think many people would...

drink a real beer, and then down a coors - it tastes like water.  as far as i'm concerned, if it doesn't taste like i'm drinking a loaf of rye bread, it ain't beer
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Brew your own, Quit yer bitchin. If you don't like what you brew yourself then either refine your recipe or move on to another style of drink. Homebrew is the only way to go.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dead Guy ALe - shitty
Blue Moon - shitty

No, Dead Guy Ale and Blue Moon are fucking tits.  You don't like how they taste because you've been drinking yellow water instead of beer your whole life.

Dammit, I wasted post 1911 on that

HAAA!! I made you waste your 1911 post, you tastebudless buffoon!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
HAAA!! I made you waste your 1911 post, you tasebudless buffoon!

This keeps getting better 'n better.  Now I need to go out and get me some beer!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top