Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:00:42 AM EDT
Mexican troops defiant: 'Border? What border?'

The Mexican military has little regard for the border as troops have entered the United States 216 times over nine years
, according to a Department of Homeland Security document and a map of incursions.

California's Inland Valley Daily Bulletin says U.S. officials claim the border-crossings are designed to help foreign drug and human smugglers gain safe access into American territory.

While the White House refused comment, a spokeswoman for the DHS said her department is in ongoing discussions with the Mexican government about the incursions.

"We – the Department of Homeland Security and the CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection) – are determined to gain control of the border and will continue to collaborate with our partners on the border,'' Kristi Clemens told the paper.

The document indicates since 1996, Mexican military personnel made their way into the U.S. at the following Border Patrol sectors:

# San Diego County, 17 times

# El Centro, 58

# Yuma, Ariz., 24

# Tucson, Ariz., 39

# El Paso, Texas, 33

# Marfa, Texas, 8

# Del Rio, Texas, 3

# Laredo, Texas, 6

# Rio Grande Valley, Texas, 28.

"That number [of 216] is 20 times larger than even the Minuteman project organizers are aware of,'' said Jim Gilchrist, co-founder of the Minuteman Project, a civilian group concerned with border security. "But I'm not surprised at that number. There are significant drug and human cargo cartels involving Mexican military threatening Americans at the border. But our Congress has turned a blind eye to it because what the American people don't know won't bother them – that's how our representatives think.''

One border agent speaking on condition of anonymity told the Bulletin: "We've had armed showdowns with the Mexican army. ... These aren't just ex-military guys. These are Mexican army officials assisting drug smugglers.''

Officials with Mexico's government dispute the findings, claiming not a single crossing has been made by its troops.

"I strongly deny any incursion by the Mexican military on United States soil,'' said Rafael Laveaga, spokesman for the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C. "When it comes to Mexican military on the southern side, I have no reports of them crossing into the United States. That would mean that the patrol got lost or lack of expertise and orientation. This could be smugglers with fake uniforms as a tactic to confuse the authorities.''

U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., said the high numbers of incursions show suggestions for increasing Border Patrol resources or building a border fence won't be enough to secure the boundary between the U.S. and Mexico.

"It is a military problem,'' said Tancredo. "We should commit the military to the border – tomorrow. I mean, with armor and weapons.''
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I think someone posted this yesterday but IMO it needs to be posted each and every day.

The sad part is Washington DC doesn't care.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
be hard for Mexico to deny if soemone went and killed a bunch of their troops invading th US while they are on US soil.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
be hard for Mexico to deny if soemone went and killed a bunch of their troops invading th US while they are on US soil.......

I know we have video of this as well so it's no secret. The problem is nobody in DC cares and BP and local LE does not have the resources or the backing of the federal gubbermint to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember the Alamo !
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
"Well I, for one, welcome our new (illegal) alien overlords!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Bush REALLY needs to get on  top of this issue........
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think someone posted this yesterday but IMO it needs to be posted each and every day.

Yep!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bush is on top if it. He has a well orchestrated and documented plan to deal with any American's who don't like it.

His boyfriend down south wants to sent mexico's undesirables up here. Fox enjoys the benefits of our well developed employment market while not having to adopt any reform at home to develope any industry, give away any political power so that regions may develope on their own, actually work at devloping any type of plan that would do anything with the wealth of natural resources that mexico has, or make any attempt to clean out the corruption in their society. mexicao also benefits from all the money send home by illegals (I think it's the second leading source of foreign currency).

So to keep his boyfriend happy, Bush is quite readily selling us all down the road to 3rd world status and poverty.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
be hard for Mexico to deny if someone went and killed a bunch of their troops invading th US while they are on US soil.......

+1

*BANG BANG*  What troops? I don't see no stinkin' troops...  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1

If they aren't here we didn't kill them, right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Kind of hard for us to have homeland security against a non-uniformed, non-conventional group of terrorists when we apparently lack the testicular fortitude to keep a foreign uniformed military power on their side of the damned border.

Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't have put up with this nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
be hard for Mexico to deny if someone went and killed a bunch of their troops invading th US while they are on US soil.......

+1

Do you have any idea how big a sh*tstorm would follow something like that?

The Mexican government IS NOT AFRAID of the United States. They don't give a damn about our national sovereignty. They view us like an all you can eat buffet.

Our Border Patrol agents have been FIRED UPON by the Mexican military ALREADY, and we do absolutely nothing about it.

If someone did actually kill one of these invaders, rest assured that said person would be wanted for murder and would most likely be handed over by the US government so they could receive a mock trial and sure conviction and life sentence in some Mexican hellhole prison.

Mexico thinks the United States of America is THEIR BACK YARD, and that thinking isn't going to change until the administration starts kicking a little butt.

Sadly what is going to need to happen is an incident where some American citizens are killed and the matter can no longer be covered up. When some American citizens are killed on American soil by a foreign army, that might be enough to cause the US Government to start taking this seriously.

Don't forget that Mexico has done this before. Keeping them back on their side of the border required  sending Blackjack Pershing down there to bust some heads.

About a century before that the Texans had to whip a little rear end too.

It just seems like every 100 years Mexico needs a spanking to remember that it doesn't own the United States.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush is on top if it. He has a well orchestrated and documented plan to deal with any American's who don't like it.

His boyfriend down south wants to sent mexico's undesirables up here. Fox enjoys the benefits of our well developed employment market while not having to adopt any reform at home to develope any industry, give away any political power so that regions may develope on their own, actually work at devloping any type of plan that would do anything with the wealth of natural resources that mexico has, or make any attempt to clean out the corruption in their society. mexicao also benefits from all the money send home by illegals (I think it's the second leading source of foreign currency).

So to keep his boyfriend happy, Bush is quite readily selling us all down the road to 3rd world status and poverty.

all the above. lou dobbs reported that the bush admin, through his la raza spokeman, alberto "we don' need no stinking constitution!" gonzalez, has told bp/ice to "go soft" on border and illegal alien issues. this is bush catering to the quickly growing latino population in los estados unidos de mexico y el gringoland (our new name).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#15]
yawn
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Associated Press  |  January 19, 2006

SAN DIEGO - Reports of Mexican soldiers frequently crossing onto U.S. soil are overblown, and many of the incidents are just mistakes, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said.

Chertoff's remarks followed a newspaper report that Mexican military units had crossed into the United States 216 times since 1996. The report by the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario on Sunday was based on a Homeland Security Department report.

Chertoff estimated there were only about 20 crossings a year, and said "a significant number of those are innocent things" in which police or military from Mexico step across the border because they're not aware of exactly where the line is.

"I think to create the image that somehow there is a deliberate effort by the Mexican military to cross the border would be to traffic in scare tactics," he said Wednesday.

www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,85729,00.html?ESRC=topstories.RSS

Hmmm....

For some reason we manage not to have our troops accidentally wandering into Canada OR Mexico all the time.....I wonder why that is??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The Mexican government IS NOT AFRAID of the United States. They don't give a damn about our national sovereignty. They view us like an all you can eat buffet.

Our Border Patrol agents have been FIRED UPON by the Mexican military ALREADY, and we do absolutely nothing about it.

If someone did actually kill one of these invaders, rest assured that said person would be wanted for murder and would most likely be handed over by the US government so they could receive a mock trial and sure conviction and life sentence in some Mexican hellhole prison.

Mexico thinks the United States of America is THEIR BACK YARD, and that thinking isn't going to change until the administration starts kicking a little butt.

Sadly what is going to need to happen is an incident where some American citizens are killed and the matter can no longer be covered up. When some American citizens are killed on American soil by a foreign army, that might be enough to cause the US Government to start taking this seriously.

Don't forget that Mexico has done this before. Keeping them back on their side of the border required  sending Blackjack Pershing down there to bust some heads.

About a century before that the Texans had to whip a little rear end too.

It just seems like every 100 years Mexico needs a spanking to remember that it doesn't own the United States.

Nice summary, pilgrim.  Too bad so many forget history altogether.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
They're harmless. Really. Compare that to what happens when OUR BOYS cross the border

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]
It is not an immigration problem......It's an INVASION problem
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:07:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I think it's time for more than just a "report to the BP" action by the Minitueman Project people.

The .gov is abdicating its responsibility, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

<snip>

Who exactly would arrest and prosecute this theoretical person who killed an invader or two?  Since no one is there to back up the BP, then who would be there to effect an arrest, and who would prosecute?

I'm sure you get it, but just in case someone else doesn't   mode is on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
yawn

+1

You're from AZ and I grew up in Southern California.  People from CA, NV, AZ, TX should be the only ones complaing.  The blow hards from VA should simmer down.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

SAN DIEGO - Reports of Mexican soldiers frequently crossing onto U.S. soil are overblown, and many of the incidents are just mistakes, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said.

Chertoff's remarks followed a newspaper report that Mexican military units had crossed into the United States 216 times since 1996. The report by the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario on Sunday was based on a Homeland Security Department report.

Chertoff estimated there were only about 20 crossings a year, and said "a significant number of those are innocent things" in which police or military from Mexico step across the border because they're not aware of exactly where the line is.

"I think to create the image that somehow there is a deliberate effort by the Mexican military to cross the border would be to traffic in scare tactics," he said Wednesday.

So if they crossed 20 times a year for 10 years wouldn't that be 200 times??/
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The legislative and executive branches of our country will do nothing about illegal aliens.  

It is way too beneficial for them to have illegal aliens here.  They recieve votes, campaign contributions from the employers of illegal aliens, and employ them.

The only one who is hurt in the American Citizen.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yawn

+1

You're from AZ and I grew up in Southern California.  People from CA, NV, AZ, TX should be the only ones complaing.  The blow hards from VA should simmer down.

Excuse me?

Do you believe that the illegal immigration problems are confined to those states?

Do you believe that ALL American citizens shouldn't be concerned about the incursion into sovereign US territory by foreign troops?

You would be wrong on both counts, bubba.

Our local hospital in Virginia is having to "economize" because of the sheer number of illegals around here who aren't paying bills. There are over 75 mexican gangs in the area. Insurance rates might go up considerably because there are more and more accidents involving illegals with no licenses and no insurance. Drug arrests have gone through the roof and trafficking is at levels unprecedented in the history of the area.

Don't tell me that Virginians don't understand the issue, sonny.

Personally I would rather not wait until our hospital shuts down and our area and nation are parylized before trying to effect change.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Our boys with the boarder patrol are only spotters.  The last thing they should do is engage an enemy when they are outnumbered and out gunned.  To bad there is no one listing at HQ to direct the artillery barrage.

Personally I think a couple laser designators could make quick work of these incurssions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Kind of hard for us to have homeland security against a non-uniformed, non-conventional group of terrorists when we apparently lack the testicular fortitude to keep a foreign uniformed military power on their side of the damned border.

Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't have put up with this nonsense.

+1

Damned straight.

Build the wall !

Hard for Mexican troops to "get lost" if they run into a wall.  If found on our side of the wall.

BANG !

Seems simple enough.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm....

For some reason we manage not to have our troops accidentally wandering into Canada OR Mexico all the time.....I wonder why that is??

We have good GPS systems......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yawn

+1

Tell that to the family of the dead police detective in Colorado last year, or many other related crimes commited by mexican nationals in all of the lower states, including VA.  

You should research it first before you open your mouth.  

FWIW
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yawn

+1

Get a clue man, you think all the illegals cross the border and then just stop?

You need to visit northern Illinois sometime.  Chicago has whole suburbs that Spanish is more common than English.  Last year one of the towns up here started impounding cars when they stopped drivers that didn't have a DL.  The uproar in the "undocumented immigrant" community was ridiculous.  They have a right to drive to, you know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Because the American people, for the most part, don't care either. They're too busy watching the ball game or something.

Speaking of apathy, most American gun owners don't even care about gun laws either, unless it all affects them directly, right at that monent. Then they get off the couch and complain.

Of course, by then, it's too late.

We get the government we deserve.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Maybe if we layed down some discouraging terrain enhancers and prosecuted the fuckhead that are setting up water tanks and doing illegal alien rescue ops as terrorists, we might start to see a decline.

But, landmines aren't "politicaly correct" and neither is charging church groups with aiding and abetting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
It is theorized that it was mexican troops that killed the park ranger in organ pipe monument.
Also, some of the mexican army incursions are due to them escorting high value smuggling into our country.

It should be considered an act of war, we should respond, and there should be a new star on our flag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I find this whole homeland security to be a smoldering pile of bullshit.

The US government is spending millions on making sure they've doubled the US Coast Guard staff & resources so the ATLANTIC FUCKING OCEAN is protected from a boatload of terrorists paddling ashore from Syria....

but Mexicans can walk over and wave hello to taxpaying citizens on the otherside.

That's absurd and the INS is an absolute embarassment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I find this whole homeland security to be a smoldering pile of bullshit.

The US government is spending millions on making sure they've doubled the US Coast Guard staff & resources so the ATLANTIC FUCKING OCEAN is protected from a boatload of terrorists paddling ashore from Syria....

but Mexicans can walk over and wave hello to taxpaying citizens on the otherside.

That's absurd and the INS is an absolute embarassment.

a big damned +1 on this!!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yawn

+1

Get a clue man, you think all the illegals cross the border and then just stop?

You need to visit northern Illinois sometime.  Chicago has whole suburbs that Spanish is more common than English.  Last year one of the towns up here started impounding cars when they stopped drivers that didn't have a DL.  The uproar in the "undocumented immigrant" community was ridiculous.  They have a right to drive to, you know.

Get real, they are only coming here for a better life.  I pay extra every month for uninsured motorist coverage because of people from Scottsdale.  The cost of health care is rising because of Canadians.  Everything is being printed in Spanish and English because folks are too stupid to learn Spanish.  German engineers always line the streets to find non-tax paying work.      

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  We wouldn’t have this deficit if it was not for middle class families paying taxes.  Because of undocumented immigrants are streets are safer and cleaner.  

Honest lawful gun owners are the real evil in this world.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Illegal aliens are making the border patrol kill off endangered Sonoran pronghorns
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Blah blah blah blah.

Immigrants will find their way into the US and nothing can stop it.  You got the $$$ they will find their way in.  It'd be 1 thing if these Mexicans were college educated stealing White Collar jobs but the funny thing is WHITE BUSINESS owners don't seem to have any problem paying them under the table.

So how about that?  How about if this is a epidemic don't just shit all over the INS how about the crooked business owners who HIRE the illegal.  If he/she can't find work they won't last long now will they.  They come here for a better life, and one is GIVEN to them.  Who else is going to clean out that shitter?  YOU cracka?  I didn't think so.  Only in Montana did I ever find WHITE gardners.

And to make matters worse, MANY a Mexican pay Federal, State, and Social Security to some bogus SSN but the IRS doesn't seem to mind that.  So if they WORK for a living, pay Federal, State, Social Security, Welfare, and Medicare sounds good to me.

Crowded hospitals, gimme a break.  *EVERY* Hospital I've ever been to has been overloaded.  My old man had a QUINTUPLE Bypass and was in the ICU and then got moved.  They ran out of room in he ICU so he was in the hall close by.  This was Anaheim Memorial!  ANAHEIM!  Home of DisneyLand and Angels baseball team.  Not some rickity shit County shitbird hospital a REPUTABLE rich bitch one.

America needs some work is all.  illegal aliens are hardly the cause and problem to Ameirca and all of it's problems.  All this land and we still have a problem with population?  I wonder how India and China are doing?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Blah blah blah blah.

Immigrants will find their way into the US and nothing can stop it.  You got the $$$ they will find their way in.  It'd be 1 thing if these Mexicans were college educated stealing White Collar jobs but the funny thing is WHITE BUSINESS owners don't seem to have any problem paying them under the table.

So how about that?  How about if this is a epidemic don't just shit all over the INS how about the crooked business owners who HIRE the illegal.  If he/she can't find work they won't last long now will they.  They come here for a better life, and one is GIVEN to them.  Who else is going to clean out that shitter?  YOU cracka?  I didn't think so.  Only in Montana did I ever find WHITE gardners.

And to make matters worse, MANY a Mexican pay Federal, State, and Social Security to some bogus SSN but the IRS doesn't seem to mind that.  So if they WORK for a living, pay Federal, State, Social Security, Welfare, and Medicare sounds good to me.

Crowded hospitals, gimme a break.  *EVERY* Hospital I've ever been to has been overloaded.  My old man had a QUINTUPLE Bypass and was in the ICU and then got moved.  They ran out of room in he ICU so he was in the hall close by.  This was Anaheim Memorial!  ANAHEIM!  Home of DisneyLand and Angels baseball team.  Not some rickity shit County shitbird hospital a REPUTABLE rich bitch one.

America needs some work is all.  illegal aliens are hardly the cause and problem to Ameirca and all of it's problems.  All this land and we still have a problem with population?  I wonder how India and China are doing?

Rejoin this coversation after you pull your head from the sand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Immigrants will find their way into the US and nothing can stop it.

The fact that we cannot stop every instance does not mean we must turn a blind eye to every instance. That is rediculous.

You got the $$$ they will find their way in.  It'd be 1 thing if these Mexicans were college educated stealing White Collar jobs but the funny thing is WHITE BUSINESS owners don't seem to have any problem paying them under the table.

Then those white buisnesses need to be prosecuted. Either we have a rule of law here or we don't.

So how about that?  How about if this is a epidemic don't just shit all over the INS how about the crooked business owners who HIRE the illegal.  If he/she can't find work they won't last long now will they.  They come here for a better life, and one is GIVEN to them.  Who else is going to clean out that shitter?  YOU cracka?  I didn't think so.

What an idiotic thing to say.

Do you think American society just dropped from the sky yesterday?? You may not be old enough to realize this, but people managed to do all sorts of jobs before the massive influx of illegals. And nobody said legal immigrants aren't welcome here, genius.

A reputable hospital in CALIFORNIA, which has had such an influx of illegals who DO NOT PAY TAXES AND STILL CONSUME PUBLIC RESOURCES THAT MANY HOSPITALS HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CLOSE AND MANY PUBLIC SERVICES ARE IN DANGER OF GOING BROKE BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA LOAD WITHOUT THE REQUISITE EXTRA FUNDING.  

America needs some work is all.  illegal aliens are hardly the cause and problem to Ameirca and all of it's problems.

Who the hell said that illegals were the cause of all America's problems?

But if you think they aren't the cause of SOME problems, you are blind. In some areas, the illegal problem eclipses all other problems because it is so massive.

The illegals aren't all hard working people seeking a better life. If that were true, we wouldn't be finding drug mules and MS-13 members showing up along with the others. The people who come here illegally ARE CRIMINALS BY THEIR VERY PRESENCE ON THIS SOIL. What on earth makes you think that they will start giving a damn about the law once they are on this side of the border???

Maybe it isn't a big deal in your area of Michigan, but it is sure as hell a big deal when home invasion robberies and drug violence jump through the roof in a couple of years because MS-13 and a bunch of other gangs populated by a bunch of illegals start deciding to take over YOUR town.

All this land and we still have a problem with population?  I wonder how India and China are doing?

Population who consumes disproportionate ammounts of public resources and who bring with them significant criminal elements which increase the dangers within a community will cause any community problems.

China is always willing to tell people to FOAD and basically kill anyone that gives them problems. We do not have that in America.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#43]
I really can't stand all this "Latino" ass-kissing going on.

If stricter immigration laws and enforcement piss them off, there's nothing stopping them from either moving back to Mexico or just moving to Mexico.  Or Canada.  Or wherever the fuck they want to be.

I'm from Del Rio, and I don't even understand our city's motto because it's in fucking Spanish.  No one gives a shit that a lot of the people there now are there illegally.  

You just know here which of the families are well off thanks to drug money, there's plenty of those types to go around.

Even my fiance, who's Hispanic, sees a huge problem with this.  It's not about race, it's about the well-being of this nation.  With illegal drugs, the black market for them drives up the price, people do stupid shit to get the money to buy it.  Simple as that.  We have enough of a problem with drugs within the country, and people just don't give a shit I guess that a lot of illegal immigration is people smuggling in even more of it.  To them, it's all about us being "racist."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top