Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:17:46 PM EDT
Anyone into using electronic detectors for searching for lost coins, jewelry, etc? What's a decent one for the $$$? Best places to search? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks. dogear
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been at it on and off for probably fifteen years now, fisher and tesoro make good machines with lifetime warranties.  Check this website out for more info http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/

How much money do you want to spend?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
This is where I buy mine. Great customer service prices. Give them a call and tell them what you will be using a metal detector and they will set you up with one.www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I got this one through Kelly Detectors. It was under $300 with a bunch of accs. Haven't really used it much but the warmer weather is here. Also check out www.treasurenet.com/ its a good site with a forum that has reviews of all types...and the ace 250 is one of the best buys.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The Ace 250 is a great detector for the money.  I plan to get a couple for my family next month.

Eric  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Fisher metal detectors are the best, bar none.  Second best are Whites.

I have a whites Goldmater III and a Fisher Gold Bug II.  The gold bug is much much much more effective in my experience, and is easier to ground balance.

I use mine for finding gold nuggets though, and not lost coins and whatnot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for all the good leads.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Whites DFX after having a crappy walmart detector for 4 years. I am very happy with it. A lot of people say the ACE 250 is an excellent detector and it's not crap. So spend the extra few bucks and get a quality detector.

You can join us at the http://www.treasurenet.com forums. And i'm sure you can find or ask any other questions you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top