Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 6:41:30 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
So do I.

[usa]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The rifles and helmets forming the 9-11 speak in a thundering silence.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The rifles and helmets forming the 9-11 speak in a thundering silence.
View Quote

[usa]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Am I going soft or what? I feel I tear rolling down.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I love America.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting how the 9-11 is using rifles and helmets.

I'm one who sees a minor link at best between 9-11 and Iraq.  That link being that Saddam believes that the terrorists are useful in him retaining power, so he supports their various activities, but really has no direct strategic or tactical influence.  

I have no problem with the conflict, but to use 9-11 as the base for Saddams removal is intellectually unsound.  I see it as closure to the original Gulf Conflict.  Iraq was probably one of the least supportive Arab countries of terrorists.  Except for Morrocco and Turkey, most Arab countries exibit some support for anti Western/US/Israel activities.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No one is using 9-11 as the 'basis' for Saddam's removal!

Who told you that?

Eric The(Astounded)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

This photo is a fairly clear cause-effect statement.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Iraq was probably one of the [red]least supportive Arab countries of terrorists[/red].  Except for Morrocco and Turkey, most Arab countries exibit some support for anti Western/US/Israel activities.
View Quote

[shock]

Iraq was giving HUGE material support to Hamas, Islamic Jihad, PFLP, the PLO, and Allah only knows who else!!

Tha fall of Saddam, takes a LOT of heat off Israel...
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#11]
They do indeed have a right to do it.  Hell, if they truely are simply remembering the civilians killed in the 9-11 attacks, I congratulate them.  However, if a cause-effect message is part of the motivation, it would be analogous to WWII US troops displaying a 'Remember Pearl Harbor' message in Berlin.

You numbskulls are missing the point.  If Iraqs level of assistance to global terrorisim is enough to justify invasion, then most Arab countries are now subject to attack.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Mohammed Atta.

Salmon Pak.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Iraqs level of assistance to global terrorisim is enough to justify invasion, then most Arab countries are now subject to attack.  
View Quote

Good job! I'm happy to see you are FINALLY getting it. I Ran is next.

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#14]
You numbskulls are missing the point.  If Iraqs level of assistance to global terrorisim is enough to justify invasion, then most Arab countries are now subject to attack.  
View Quote

And attack we shall. I'd like to call for another round of Inquisitions please!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I love America.
View Quote

And so did the guys represented by the rifle / helmet presentation.

They loved us as well.

"Greater love hath no man than this - that he lay down his life for his friend."

-- God

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a few questions about this photo - #1 - How do we know this picture came from Iraq?

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They do indeed have a right to do it.  Hell, if they truely are simply remembering the civilians killed in the 9-11 attacks, I congratulate them.  However, if a cause-effect message is part of the motivation, it would be analogous to WWII US troops displaying a 'Remember Pearl Harbor' message in Berlin.
View Quote

Thay's because Pearl WAS the reason we were in Berlin!! [:D]
THAT was the reason Germany declared war on US!

View Quote

Which is why some of us argued against the invasion. Lack of evidence of WMD, and lack of connection to 9/11.

It CANNOT be argued, however, that Iraq was supporting some NASTY people.......

You ever been in a bar, with a table of assholes in the corner, flipping everyone shit???

You ever pick up your glass, and go over and kick one of 'em out of his chair, and sit down at the table with a crazy grin on your face??

That's what WE are doing in Iraq..... [8D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thay's because Pearl WAS the reason we were in Berlin!! [:D]
THAT was the reason Germany declared war on US!
View Quote

Thank you Liberty86, you beat me to the point. Saddam had to go, and no one (i.e. no dictator)in the Arab world really want's to end up on the receiving end of another of our 'feel good' missions. I know I feel good when we use our military power to both protect ourselves and liberate someone else from a dictatorship.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#19]
[url]http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/12/14/wterr14.xml[/url]

Terrorist behind September 11 strike was trained by Saddam
By Con Coughlin
(Filed: 14/12/2003)

Iraq's coalition government claims that it has uncovered documentary proof that Mohammed Atta, the al-Qaeda mastermind of the September 11 attacks against the US, was trained in Baghdad by Abu Nidal, the notorious Palestinian terrorist.

Details of Atta's visit to the Iraqi capital in the summer of 2001, just weeks before he launched the most devastating terrorist attack in US history, are contained in a top secret memo written to Saddam Hussein, the then Iraqi president, by Tahir Jalil Habbush al-Tikriti, the former head of the Iraqi Intelligence Service.

The handwritten memo, a copy of which has been obtained exclusively by the Telegraph, is dated July 1, 2001 and provides a short resume of a three-day "work programme" Atta had undertaken at Abu Nidal's base in Baghdad.

In the memo, Habbush reports that Atta "displayed extraordinary effort" and demonstrated his ability to lead the team that would be "responsible for attacking the targets that we have agreed to destroy".

The second part of the memo, which is headed "Niger Shipment", contains a report about an unspecified shipment - believed to be uranium - that it says has been transported to Iraq via Libya and Syria.

Although Iraqi officials refused to disclose how and where they had obtained the document, Dr Ayad Allawi, a member of Iraq's ruling seven-man Presidential Committee, said the document was genuine.

"We are uncovering evidence all the time of Saddam's involvement with al-Qaeda," he said. "But this is the most compelling piece of evidence that we have found so far. It shows that not only did Saddam have contacts with al-Qaeda, he had contact with those responsible for the September 11 attacks."

Although Atta is believed to have been resident in Florida in the summer of 2001, he is known to have used more than a dozen aliases, and intelligence experts believe he could easily have slipped out of the US to visit Iraq.

Abu Nidal, who was responsible for the failed assassination of the Israeli ambassador to London in 1982, was based in Baghdad for more than two decades.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had this photo as my wall paper for a month or so.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've had this photo as my wall paper for a month or so.
View Quote

That is what I did.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... Iraq was probably one of the least supportive Arab countries of terrorists. ...
View Quote

Saddam paid Families of Palistinian Suicide Bombers $25,000 for killing Israelis.
Saddam paid Families of Palistinian $10,000 for family members killed in the Intifada, while trying / succeeding to kill Israelis.
Abu Nidal, a terrorist involved in hijackings and assassinations throughtout the Med, was hosted in Iraq in both the early 80s and in recent years.
Abu Abbas, the terrorist mastermind of the Achille Lauro hostage-taking and murder, was living in IRaq for several years prior to the invasion.
Spain has produced significant evidence of Iraqi Diplomatic personnel meeting with terrorists, and IIRC, one of the 9/11 hijackers.

The list of Saddam's associations with Terrorist Orgs, his deliberate courting of radical Islam after his '91 defeat, are all well documented. I have to ask - do you deny these things are real, or were you completely unaware of them? And if unaware, why do you feel qualified to opine?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...If Iraqs level of assistance to global terrorisim is enough to justify invasion, then most Arab countries are now subject to attack.  
View Quote
Yup. Syria is next. Iran's nuclear weapons development and reactor facilities are next. The House of Saud is next.

Better read up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#25]
first let me begin by saying what I've said for over a YEAR...."Salman Pak"

That said, if someone is willing to post a picture (I can't post) for me I'll send you one I snapped over here that should prove interesting....Yes, I'm still here and can't wait to get the F out.

post your email and I'll send it

Please don't clog my inbox with requests....Only get limited time on the net...it's super slow (Iraq sucks) and I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of emails to get to ones from my family.  Thanks guys.  Sorry if that sounded rude.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#26]
My .02

It's now been over two years since 9-11 and I hate to say a large portion of the American public have forgotten.  I hear people talk all the time about how Bush is flexing his muscles or just trying to boost is approval points.  And yes I can't believe it some have stated "I'm getting tired about hearing about these terrorists groups on TV"

If my memory is correct after 9-11 the Bush admin stated that the war on terrorism will be a long and trying task and that the next few YEARS would be difficult.  And that many different Middle Eastern Countires do in fact harbor some low down POS people.

When I look at the photo I see a group of people who are honoring those who died and making a big statement "WERE STILL DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE."

God bless our troops, may he keep them safe to return home to their famlies.

David
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
... Iraq was probably one of the least supportive Arab countries of terrorists. ...
View Quote

I hope you are right.

What we are doing in Iraq, will only show what is comming to the rest of those scumbag countries.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top